|Tampa Bay Rays|
|Born: January 15, 1997|
Search Tyler Frank on Amazon.
Tyler Joseph Frank (born January 15, 1997) is an American professional baseball shortstop in the Tampa Bay Rays organization.
Frank graduated from American Heritage School in Delray Beach, Florida. As a senior in 2015, he batted .448 and was named to the Class 4A All-State Team. He was not drafted out of high school in the 2015 MLB draft and he enrolled at Florida Atlantic University to play college baseball for the Owls.
As a freshman at FAU in 2016, Frank batted .285 with one home run, 27 RBIs, and a .401 on-base percentage in 45 games, earning him a spot on the Conference USA All-Freshman Team. In 2017, as a sophomore, Frank started all 57 of FAU's games and batted .336 with 11 home runs, 43 RBIs, and 41 walks. He was named to the All-Conference USA First Team. That summer, he played for USA Baseball's Collegiate National Team, making him the first ever FAU player to be named to the team. He also played in the Cape Cod Baseball League for the Hyannis Harbor Hawks.
Frank was drafted in the second round (56th overall) by the Tampa Bay Rays in the 2018 MLB draft and signed for $997,500. He made his professional debut for the Hudson Valley Renegades and spent the whole season there, slashing .288/.425/.412 with two home runs and 22 RBIs in 51 games.
- "Former American Heritage shortstop Tyler Frank embracing stardom, pressure at FAU". FAU Focus. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "College Baseball Countdown: 36 Days to Go- Tyler Frank". College Baseball Central. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "2018 CBD TOP 100 COUNTDOWN: 48. TYLER FRANK (FLORIDA ATLANTIC)". College Baseball Daily. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Tyler Frank develops into a draft prospect at FAU". The 3rd Man In. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "USM lands seven on All-Conference USA Baseball team". wtok.com. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Tyler Frank becomes first Owl to make USA's Collegiate National Team". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Florida Atlantic knocks La. Tech out of C-USA Tournament". Shreveport Times. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "FAU shortstop Tyler Frank named Conference USA Defensive Player of the Year". Sun-Sentinel. Retrieved May 30, 2018.
- "Tyler Frank Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
This article "Tyler Frank" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Tyler Frank. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.