|Privately held company|
|Industry||Transportation Network Company (TNC)|
|Founder 👔||Matt Donlon, Harold Frans|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|John Donlon, Mike Regan|
Number of employees
UZURV is an American Reservation Network Company (RNC) based in Virginia. The company is known for its proprietary ride sharing app that works in conjunction with on-demand services provided by various Transportation Network Companies. UZURV has numerous municipal contracts, primarily aimed at helping cities meet the needs of disabled and elderly riders.
History and Overview
Founded in 2015 by Matt Donlon and Harold Frans.  UZURV is a Reservation Network Company created to enhance the on-demand riding and driving experience. Currently operating in 155 cities, UZURV works in conjunction with existing on-demand transportation services, allowing riders to make advanced and highly customized reservations.
Riders use the UZURV App (iOS and Android) to find transportation that is suitable for their needs. They can customize their experience filtering drivers by vehicle, amenities and by ADA compliant services.
To use UZURV, both drivers and riders need a GPS enabled smartphone with the UZURV App installed. Alternatively, riders can call their U.S. based call center. From the UZURV App, riders can enter a start location (usually their current location) and an end destination. Riders then select a pickup time and date and have the option to choose their favorite driver based on past rides or specific needs.
Partnership with The American Cancer Society
In 2017, UZURV announced a partnership with The American Cancer Society (ACS) to provide cancer patients with transportation to their treatments throughout the State of Virginia. The partnership with The American Cancer Society allows cancer patients in Virginia, whose treatment schedules are critical, to now have the option to get a private car to take them to their appointments.
- UZURV is currently one of the most popular apps according to AppleVis, and its app won the Virginia Global Aging 2.0 competition.
- "Ride-sharing app finds way around DMV obstacle - Richmond BizSense". Richmond BizSense. 2017-03-17. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "UZURV LLC: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- DePompa, Rachel. "Richmond company develops app for Uber/Lyft riders to pick their drivers". Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Times-Dispatch, BILL LUKITSCH Richmond. "Richmond public transit partners with local tech company to put elderly, disabled riders on Uber and Lyft". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "UZURV Adds Lyft To Advanced Scheduling Service". TravelPulse. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Encorepreneur! - Matt Donlon of UZURV at The Library of Virginia "Bring the Car Around"". www.encorepreneur.net. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- "Getting to know: Matt Donlon with Uzurv". Richmond Times-Dispatch. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Boyle, Mark (2017-01-03). "New app allows riders to choose their favorite rideshare driver". 7NEWS. Retrieved 2017-09-19.
- Mueller, Anna. "UZURV Enters Agreement to Provide Rides for Virginia Cancer Patients". News Center 1.
- "UZURV ENTERS AGREEMENT TO PROVIDE RIDES FOR VIRGINIA CANCER PATIENTS". Digital Journal.
- "UZURV". Virginia Voice. Retrieved 26 September 2017.
This article "UZURV" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:UZURV. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.