Udayapur Cement Industries Limited
|Founded 📆||14th June,1987|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Gaida Chap Cemement (गैडा छाप सिमेन्ट)|
Number of employees
'Udayapur Cement Industries Limited' (उदयपुर सिमेन्ट उद्योग लिमिटेड) is a cement industry run by the Government of Nepal. The factory is located at Jaljale in Udayapur district of Nepal. The industry was established in 14th June,1987. The factory was designed by Onoda Engineering Co.Ltd.Japan and constructed by a consortium of Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd and Tomen Corporation, Japan. The industry sells its product under the brand name of “Gaida Cement”.  The industry along with Hetauda Cement Industry are among few state owned industries that makes cumulative profit in Nepal.
Limestone is locally mined while gypsum required for the cement production is imported. 
The plant also has collaboration with Kathmandu University.
The cement production plant has the following major infrastructures:
- a 13.8 km long cable ropeway to transport limestone from Sindhali-hill to factory
- limestone feed hoppers
- raw mill to grind limestone
- clinker burning chamber of 1500C
- packing plant
- testing labs
The annual mine requirement is about 330,000 MT Limestone, 4,000 MT of iron ore, 57,000 MT of clay (Alumina), 10,500 MT of Gypsum and 21,00 MT of silica sand as raw materials. Similalry, about 50,000 MT of Coal, 12,000 kL furnace oil is requried per year. Water demand is about 1500 m3/day while electricity demand is 8,000 kW. 
The mine is expected to last for 200 years. By 2020, the company has managed to extract only 15% of limestone from the mine.
- List of cement manufactures in Nepal
- Hetauda Cement Industry
- PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION PLAN (PDF). SIAN PRODUCTIVITy ORGANIZATION. Search this book on
- "Udayapur Cement Factory". Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- Shrestha, Ashish; Ghimire, Anil; Singh, Ajay; Koirala, Dinesh; Khanal, Kshitiz; Maskey, Ramesh (2017-01-01). "Energy Use in Nepalese Cement Industries: Case of Udayapur Cement Industries Limited". International Journal of Scientific and Engineering Research. 7.
- Humagain, Mukul (2019-06-03). "One-third of public enterprises in Nepal post net loss despite heavy funding" (Text). Asia News Network. Retrieved 2020-07-05.
- "Kathmandu University | Collaborating Non Teaching Institutions". Kathmandu University. Retrieved 2020-07-05.
- "Udayapur Cement Industry restarts clinker production - Cement industry news from Global Cement". Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- RAI, MAHESHWAR CHAMLING. "Udayapur Cement upgrading production capacity to 1,100 tons". My Republica. Retrieved 2020-07-05.
|This Nepal-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Udayapur Cement Industries Limited" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Udayapur Cement Industries Limited. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.