Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|First appearance||Weapon X #6 (April 2003)|
|Created by||Frank Tieri|
Maverick (Chris Bradley)
The Underground was a short-lived fictional team of superheroes appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. They appeared in the comic-series Weapon X.
Fictional team biography
The Underground was a resistance group created by Cable, then known as Soldier X, founded to investigate the connection between disappearing mutants, the mysterious Neverland concentration camp and the government organisation Weapon X. Using his many contacts, Soldier X had gathered a large group of volunteers to gather information and a small group of mutant operatives (mostly former X-force-members) to fight against Weapon X's agents. Soldier X gathered former members of X-Force Domino and Meltdown, as well as his mentor Blaquesmith, and the new Maverick.
The Underground captured former mutant terrorists Reaper and Wildside and after telepathic interrogation, they found out that the two had been acting under orders from Weapon X to increase anti-mutant sentiment. However, Cable's waning powers combined with the mental blocks installed by Weapon X fried the brains of the Wildside and Reaper.
The Underground planned action against Weapon X and found support from an unexpected direction; Weapon X agent Brent Jackson offered the help of several agents. Agent Washout sacrificed himself so that the Underground could enter Weapon X's base and in the resulting fight between the Underground and Weapon X, the Weapon X Director Malcolm Colcord fled with Madison Jeffries. Brent Jackson then turned on the Underground and activated Weapon X's computers to disable the brains of the Underground members. Jackson did not count on Agent Marrow to abduct the Underground members though. Marrow told the brainwashed Underground members that together they had defeated Weapon X. Most of the Underground went their own way afterwards and Marrow took control of what was left of the organzsation, forging it into a new Gene Nation.
- Soldier X (Nathan Dayspring/Nathan Summers): Leader of the Underground. A very powerful telepath and telekinetic. Former member of X-Force.
- Meltdown (Tabitha Smith): A young woman capable of creating energy-bombs. Former member of X-Force
- Blaquesmith: A genius inventor, psychic and mentor of Soldier X. Member of Clan Askani.
- Domino: Mercenary and former lover of Soldier X. Former member of X-Force.
- Maverick II (Chris Bradley): Formerly the superhero Bolt of the New Warriors. After the alleged death of his friend and mentor Maverick at the hands of Weapon X, Chris joined the Underground and took over the identity of Maverick. In reality Maverick had become Agent Zero, Weapon X's top recruit.
Apart from these core members, the Underground also had many volunteers, both human and mutant who served as the group's ears and eyes.
- Underground Comix
|This Marvel Comics–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Underground (comics)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Underground (comics). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.