Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Type of business||Private|
|Founded||Edwards, CO, U.S.|
|Area served||United States, Canada, Ireland, United Kingdom|
Unique Venues is a marketing and membership organization, which brings together event venues with meeting planners from around the world. The company focuses on non-traditional venues. 
Unique Venues has more 7000 non-traditional venues in United States, Canada and the UK. These include universities, colleges, arenas and stadiums, historical and cultural venues, mansions, museums, cruise ships.
In 1986, Michele Nichols, sales manager for Westin Hotels, founded Collegiate Conferences, Inc., a consulting company for college and university conference operations, in Denver, Colorado. In 1988 she published the first free print directory of campus conference venues: The Guide to Convening on Campus, featuring institutions across the U.S. and Canada.
Unique Venues operates a website, and a free magazine distributed to professionals and meeting planners in the U.S. and Canada since 2013. The magazine gives an annual recognition to the best venues. 
Some of the members include Siemens, Blue Apron, Telus, and venues include University of California, Davis, University of Regina, University of Southern Mississippi, Yamashiro Hollywood, Lone Star Park, University of Maryland, University of Texas.
- "More universities rent out dorms for group meetings - USATODAY.com". USATODAY.COM. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
Adult demand for on-campus digs has soared during the recession, says Chuck Salem, president of the Johnstown, Pa.-based marketing company Unique Venues, which oversees the website UniqueVenues.com. The company connects meeting planners with distinctive meeting and event space.
- Unique Venues, 2003. A M A R C. 2002. ISBN 9781881761181. Search this book on
- "Meetings cut back to bare minimum - USATODAY.com". usatoday30.usatoday.com. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
Colorado-based Unique Venues, which matches meeting planners with non-traditional meeting venues, has seen the number of leads grow 30% in the last year, says President Chuck Salem.
- "Unique Venues Examines if Meeting & Events Industry is Doing Enough for Disabled Attendees". PRWeb. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- M.,, Kolb, Bonita. Marketing research for the tourism, hospitality and events industries. Oxon. ISBN 9781351702225. OCLC 1022782252. Search this book on
- Davidson, Rob; Rogers, Tony (2012-05-31). Marketing Destinations and Venues for Conferences, Conventions and Business Events. Routledge. ISBN 9781136380365. Search this book on
- Rogers, Tony (2013-01-04). Conferences and Conventions 3rd edition: A Global Industry. Routledge. ISBN 9781136314995. Search this book on
- "Meeting Expectations". University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- YASUDA, GENE (1990-08-02). "Universities Turn to Summer Rentals as Moneymakers". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
Michele Nichols, president of the Guide to Convening on Campus. The Denver, Colorado-based publication lists 325 U.S. and Canadian colleges and universities that rent out their facilities.
- "Edwards' Michele Nichols receives honor". Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- Net, Hospitality. "HSMAI Announces The Top 25 Minds In Hospitality And Travel Sales And Marketing". Hospitality Net. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "Unique Venues | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "The Duncan Family Sky Room Receives Unique Venues Best Of Award". saintpeters.edu.
- "And the winner is..." (PDF). cvs.umd.edu. 2016.
All winners were feted at the Unique Venues Annual Marketing Conference in Denver, Colorado in October and each will also be featured in a special edition of Unique Venues Magazine, hitting newsstands in December.
- "Virginia Tech Executive Briefing Center garners 2016 Best High Tech Venue award from Unique Venues". ncr.vt.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "W&M Voted Best Venue for Team Building | William & Mary". www.wm.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
- "Region 4 - Association of Collegiate Conference and Events Directors-International". www.acced-i.org. Retrieved 2018-05-26.
All winners were feted at the Unique Venues Annual Member Conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- "Event Venues, Find a Venue for an Event | Unique Venues". www.uniquevenues.com. Retrieved 2018-06-12.
- "Unique Venues Battle for Their Share of Meetings Market". 2002-11-04.
- "University of Maryland Venues Earn National Recognition". 2017-12-19.
- "Johnstown, Pa., area adds high-tech firm to roster of international businesses.(Company overview)". 2006-04-21.
- "Groups Call University's Casa Bella Home during the Summer". US Fed News Service, Including US State News. 2012-08-01.
This article "Unique venues" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Unique venues. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.