Untitled Minecraft movie
|Minecraft: The Movie|
|Directed by||Peter Sollett|
|Produced by||Vu Bui|
|Written by||Allison Schroeder|
by Markus Persson
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
Minecraft: The Movie is an upcoming American film directed by Peter Sollett and written by Allison Schroeder, based on the video game of the same name.
A teenage girl and her unlikely group of adventurers must save the Overworld after the Ender Dragon sets out on a path of destruction.
On February 25, 2014, Markus Persson revealed that Mojang was in talks with Warner Bros. to develop a Minecraft film to be produced by Roy Lee and Jill Messick. On October 8, 2014, Mojang COO Vu Bui stated that the movie was "in its early days of development", saying that it was a "large-budget" production, and also said that it might not be released until 2018. On October 16, 2014, Warner Bros hired Shawn Levy to direct the film, while in December, it was confirmed that Levy and writers Kieran Mulroney and Michele Mulroney, who were developing the film together had left the project. Levy might had left due to scheduling and deciding issues between the projects 40 Thieves, Tinkerbell and The City That Sailed. On July 21, 2015, it was announced that Warner Bros. had hired Rob McElhenney to direct the film. On October 13, 2016, Warner Bros. hired Jason Fuchs to write the latest draft of the film, with the previous draft from McElhenney. On November 15, 2016, Steve Carell was cast in the film to voice an unknown character. McElhenney left the film in August 2018 due to scheduling conflicts and the movie, as a result, was delayed with Aaron and Adam Nee tapped to rewrite the script. In January 2019, Peter Sollett was hired to direct and Messick will be credited as producer, despite her death in 2018. In June 2019, Allison Schroeder was hired to write the script.
Minecraft: The Movie is currently scheduled by Warner Bros. Previously it was scheduled for a May 24, 2019 release, but later moved to March 4, 2022. The film will get an IMAX release. On October 6, 2020, Warner removed the movie from the schedule to accommodate for The Batman.
- Nutt, Christian (February 27, 2014). "Minecraft movie in the works with Warner Bros". Gamasutra. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Busch, Anita (February 27, 2014). "Video Game Sensation 'Minecraft' Coming To The Big Screen As Warner Bros Acquires Rights; 'Lego's' Roy Lee And Jill Messick Producing". Deadline. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- "Minecraft Movie Is "Large-Budget," Might Not Arrive Until 2018". GameSpot. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- "Minecraft movie will be 'large-budget' but unlikely to arrive before 2017". The Guardian. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (October 16, 2014). "Shawn Levy Boards 'Minecraft' Movie". deadline.com. Retrieved October 17, 2014.
- Kroll, Justin (December 9, 2014). "Shawn Levy Leaves Warner Bros.' 'Minecraft' Film". Variety. Retrieved December 10, 2014.
- Bui, Vu (July 21, 2015). "We've chosen a director for the Minecraft movie!". mojang.com. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- Fleming Jr, Mike (July 21, 2015). "Minecraft Movie Gets Director: 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia's Rob McElhenney". deadline.com. Retrieved July 22, 2015.
- Kroll, Justin (October 13, 2016). "'Wonder Woman' Scribe Jason Fuchs to Write Latest Draft of 'Minecraft' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved October 16, 2016.
- Kroll, Justin (November 15, 2016). "Steve Carell in Talks to Join 'Minecraft' Movie at Warner Bros. (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved November 16, 2016.
- Umberto Gonzalez; Tony Maglio (August 3, 2018). "'Minecraft' Movie Delayed: Rob McElhenney Out as Director, Nee Brothers Tapped to Write (Exclusive)". TheWrap. Retrieved August 6, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (January 11, 2019). "Peter Sollett to Direct Warner Bros.' 'Minecraft' Movie (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- Borys Kit (June 24, 2019). "'Frozen 2' Co-Writer Allison Schroeder Tackling 'Minecraft' Movie (EXCLUSIVE)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved July 28, 2019.
- "IMAX and Warner Bros. Extend Deal to Include 12 More Films". ComingSoon.net. October 19, 2016. Retrieved October 22, 2016.
- Pamela McClintock; Aaron Couch (October 5, 2020). "'The Batman' Delays Release to 2022 as Warner Bros. Shuffles Calendar". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
This article "Untitled Minecraft movie" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Untitled Minecraft movie. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.