Urvil James Villaruel
|Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 879: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 798: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
Search Urvil James on Amazon.
Earning his first black belt in Toronto, Canada, and consecutive black belts in Aklan, Philippines, Urvil James has studied a diverse array of martial arts disciplines beyond the two that he is recognized in and across multiple different countries, including: Hong Kong, Peru, Vietnam and Thailand. Of which, he has explored: Karate, Capoeira, Aikido, Tae Kwon Do, Kickboxing, Wing Chun, Muay Thai, Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, Krav Maga and Tai Chi. However, despite this eclectic set of martial arts disciplines, Urvil James has always maintained a strong emphasis on only applying the most practical and spiritual components in all styles that he has studied.
In 2016, after completing his 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, he embarked on a 5-month journey across 12 different countries and 4 continents in search of more specialized martial arts training and greater spiritual understanding. From techniques learned on his travels, guided by intuition and grounded in empiricism, Urvil James has compiled a unique teaching and practice of presence to complement each passing moment; an application he terms, the 'Yoga Of Waking Life'. He is a firm believer in the adage — "All life is a celebration, we've just been at the party so long we've come to forget it," — and prides himself on being an adept Jñāna yogi.
Street/ Women's Self-Defence
At present, Urvil James teaches a Street/ Women's Self-Defence program at the Toronto Pan Am Centre and Carlos "The Ronin" Newton's school in Pickering, Ontario (Newton MMA). The program focuses primarily on simple, efficient and effective anatomical techniques for self-defence; affording each student the skills to: (1) maintain a safe striking distance, (2) disengage, and (3) if need be, put your assailant down as quickly as possible so that you can get away.
- Public Relations, Yoga, Martial Arts, and Success: Urvil James Villaruel, Centennial College, July, 2017.
- Faculty Of Business and I.T. at UOIT Alumni Profile, University Of Ontario Institute Of Technology, October, 2016.
- Faculty Of Business and I.T. at UOIT Alumni Profile, University Of Ontario Institute Of Technology, May, 2016.
- UOIT Students to Share Internship Experiences at Toronto Conference, University Of Ontario Institute Of Technology, May, 2016.
- ↑ "Teacher Profile | Yoga Alliance". www.yogaalliance.org. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- ↑ "The Yoga Of Waking Life". GottaLightMyFire. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- ↑ "Newton MMA". www.newtonmma.com. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
Urvil James Villaruel
This article "Urvil James" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Urvil James. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.