Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Type of site
|Available in||Hebrew, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Dutch, Russian and Yiddish|
VEANVEU (from Hebrew: ואנוהו or וְאַנְוֵהוּ), also known as veanveu.com, is the largest Jewish e-commerce website. The company is based in the Jewish quarter in the old city of Jerusalem, Israel.
The company maintains a cross-platform online store that offer services and sells products for Jewish holidays and Shabbat rituals, Kosher food, Israeli souvenirs, Judaica, books in Hebrew, Rabbinic literature and other items connected to the Jewish culture.
The company was founded in Jerusalem, Israel.
Founding and name
The name came from the bible, and is a poetic word from the Hebrew language.
The meaning of the word “veanveu” is to 'beautify', to ‘glorify’, to ‘adorn’, to ‘praise’ etc.. The term “veanveu” is the origin of halachic principle called “Hiddur Mitzvah” means that a god’s commandments better be performed in a pleasant and elegant manner and by means of fine objects.
״זֶ֤ה אֵלִי֙ וְאַנְוֵ֔הוּ (שמות, פרק ט״ו, פסוק ב)״ - התנאה לפניו במצות; עשה לפניו סוכה נאה, ולולב נאה, ושופר נאה, ציצית נאה, ספר תורה נאה וכתוב בו לשמו בדיו נאה, בקולמוס נאה, בלבלר אומן וכורכו בשיראין נאין— תלמוד בבלי, מסכת שבת, דף קלג, עמוד ב
“This is my God, and I will beautify (or glorify) Him (Exodus, chapter 15, verse 2) - which implies: beautify oneself before Him in the fulfilment of the commandments. For example: make before him a beautiful sukkah, a beautiful lulav, a beautiful shofar, beautiful tzitzis and a beautiful Torah scroll, and write it for His sake with fine ink, a beautiful pen, and a expert scribe, and wrap the Torah with beautiful silks.”— Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Shabbat, 133b 
- Jewish Publication Society of America Version (JPS), Exodus 15:2
- Douay–Rheims Bible, Exodus 15:2
- Young's Literal Translation (YLT), Exodus 15:2
- New International Version (NIV), Exodus 15:2
- New Living Translation (NLT), Exodus 15:2
- English Standard Version (ESV), Exodus 15:2
- King James Version (KJV), Exodus 15:2
- Rabbi Dr. Solomon Freilich. "The Source of Spirtuality", My Jewish Learning, New York.
- Schottenstein Edition of the Babylonian Talmud, Talmud Bavli / Tractate Shabbos Vol.IV / P. 133b2 (166). Mesorah Publications, Ltd. 1997. ISBN 0-89906-711-5. Search this book on
- VEANVEU Official website
- VEANVEU on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Google+, LinkedIn and Instagram
This article "VEANVEU" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:VEANVEU. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.