Type of site
|Online database for beauty product reviews and ratings|
|Registration||Optional registration, registered members can rate and review products, share looks.|
|Launched||March 15, 2015|
Veleza is a web and mobile application company that operates a software system & online community designed to discover information on cosmetic products, mainly using images of beauty looks, product reviews and surveys. The site was founded by Martynas Nikolajevas. As of Aug 2018, Veleza platform presents beauty product reviews from Veleza community of 70,000 members. Since launching in 2015, Veleza community generated more 30,000 product reviews with over 100,000 images uploaded by its members.
History of Key Events
- Mar 2015. Publicly released a mobile app for iOS focused on beauty product recommendations.
- Jun 2016. Introduced product surveys; the feature gained significant attention within the community.
- Jan 2017. Selected to join Founders Factory #beautytech accelerator cohort..
- May 2017. Won 1st place at Startup Battle of LOGIN Startup Fair 2017.
- Mar 2018. Launched web widgets integrating the crowdsourced product feedback in beauty retail.
- May 2018. Announced a partnership with the UK’s leading online beauty retailer Feelunique.com
The beauty product ratings and reviews from Veleza community are publicly accessible on through company website, but a registration process is necessary to contribute information. Most data in the database is provided by volunteer contributors. The site enables registered users to submit new material and additional feedback to existing entries. All submissions on the platform are instant. All registered users choose their own username. They have a profile page which shows how long a registered user has been a member, as well as personal looks uploaded. There is no single index of contributors, no index on each profile page of the items contributed, and (except for reviews, comments and photos) no identification of contributors to each product's or person's data pages. Community members are also invited to rate the benefits and features of products they use regularly. The totals are converted into a weighted mean-rating that is displayed beside each product, with online filters employed to deter ballot stuffing.
Veleza is owned and managed by London-based company Sparkle & Flow Limited.
Prior to launching Veleza, in 2009 Martynas Nikolajevas co-founded Salonium – a cloud-based software for appointment-based beauty businesses like hairdressers, spas, nail bars, etc. The software streamlined employee schedule and client appointment management, cut late- and no-shows, automated sales and marketing tasks. In 2012, Salonium became part of Treatwell (named Wahanda at the time) – now the leading online booking platform for hair and beauty in Europe. With Salonium software at its roots, the company is enabling over 20,000 salons and spas book appointments with 10 million people every year. During his course of work, from cosmetics businesses and consumers, Martynas heard over and over that selling and purchasing beauty products is challenging. And the reason seemed quite simple – every person is different in her needs regarding a product (oily skin vs. dry, fair vs. olive, curly hair vs. straight, etc.) and no product is a universal one. In other words, every product must be matched to its intended customer. There was no straightforward solution available to tackle the issue – the idea was born. Later, a few more people joined Martynas on their quest to develop a system to help people find their perfect beauty product.
Veleza has won 1st place at Startup Battle of LOGIN Startup Fair 2017. Startup Battle is the main startup competition happening for the fifth time during LOGIN Startup Fair. LOGIN Startup Fair aims to become the central startup oriented event in Northern Europe, attracting 100+ selected startups, 50+ local and international venture capital investors as well as creating thousands of networking opportunities each year.
In January 2017, the team was selected to Founders Factory accelerator and graduated the acceleration program in May 2017.
- Arthur, Rachel. "L'Oréal And Founders Factory Unveil First Five Beauty Start-Ups Selected For Accelerator Program". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "Veleza Has Just Won Startup Battle of LOGIN Startup Fair 2017!". www.startuplithuania.com. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- Baldwin, Caroline (2018-05-14). "Feelunique partners with beauty review platform Veleza". Essential Retail. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
- "About Us". Treatwell. Retrieved 2018-08-28.
This article "Veleza" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Veleza. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.