|Commenced operations||April 1993|
|Key people||Theodore Karabatis (President)|
Venus Airlines was a Greek charter airline based at Athens, it was operational between 1992 and 1997.
History[edit | edit source]
The airline was founded in 1992 as one of the first private owned airline companies to acquire an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) from the Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority (HCAA).
The first service was a charter flight between Heraklion and Lyons on 7 April 1993 using a leased MD-83. A service between Athens-Thessalonki-Gatwick started in December 1993. A leased McDonnell Douglas MD-87 joined the fleet in March 1994 
From 15 November 1995 the airline operated a service from Athens to Thessaloniki using MD-82s for Skybus while it waited to obtain an Air Operators Certificate.
Fleet[edit | edit source]
Venus Airlines operated the following fleet in 1997:
Former Fleet[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "World Airline Directory". Flight International. 26 March 1997.
- List of airlines from Greece, at airlineupdate.com Archived February 11, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- "Aircraft News/Douglas". Air-Britain News. Air-Britain. August 1993. p. 553.
- "Aircraft News/Douglas". Air-Britain News. Air-Britain. March 1994. p. 221.
- "Aircraft News/Douglas". Air-Britain News. Air-Britain. June 1994. p. 438.
- "Overseas Registers/Meditterranean". Air-Britain News. Air-Britain. May 1995. p. 363.
- "Aircraft News/Boeing". Air-Britain News. Air-Britain. June 1995. p. 519.
- "Greek Start Up". Flight International. 6 December 1995. p. 16.
- "Greek new entrants - well capitalised, but too many?". Aviation Strategy Ltd. 1999.
- "World Airline Directory". Flight International. 23 March 1994.
[edit | edit source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Venus Airlines.|
Others articles of the Topics Companies AND Aviation : Air Trust, KC International Airlines, VIF Airways, AQA Holding, Draft:AQA Holding, Rayyan Air, Quikjet Airlines
Others articles of the Topic Greece : Antonios Tsapatakis
Others articles of the Topic Companies : List of Nintendo products, Elis (company), Navona Records, Vratim (brand), Student Loan Hero, Spacemind, .406 Ventures
Others articles of the Topic Aviation : Air Italy Egypt, Laudamotion destinations, Four Winds Airport, VIF Airways, Rahul Bhatia, Houston Air Route Traffic Control Center, Astral Airways
This article "Venus Airlines" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Venus Airlines. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.