Victoria M. Arbour
|🏫 Education||BSc, PhD|
University of Alberta
💵 Salary :
Victoria Megan Arbour is a Canadian evolutionary biologist and palaeontologist working out of the University of Toronto and Royal Ontario Museum. From 2014 to 2016 she studied jointly out of the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences and North Carolina State University. Arbour primarily studies dinosaurs in the group Ankylosauria, including biomechanical analyses of tail clubs. Arbour has studied microfossils from Nova Scotia. She has also named the possible pterosaur Gwawinapterus from Hornby Island, and a partial ornithischian dinosaur from Sustut Basin, both locations in British Columbia. The latter was written as an Honours Thesis supervised by Milton Graves. In 2008 Arbour completed her Master of Science degree entitled "Evolution, biomechanics, and function of the tail club of ankylosaurid dinosaurs (Ornithischia: Thyreophora)". She has participated in the naming of the ankylosaurs Zuul, Zaraapelta, Crichtonpelta,, Ziapelta, as well as resurrecting Dyoplosaurus, and publishing an extensive phylogenetic analysis on the interrelationships of Ankylosauridae.
- "Digging it: Dr. Victoria Arbour (BSc'06)". Dalhousie University: Alumni Spotlight. May 18, 2017. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- Arbour, V.M. (2017). "Welcome". Pseudoplocephalus. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- Arbour, V.M. (2017). "Victoria Arbour". David Evans Lab. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- "Victoria Arbour - Alumni Spotlights". Dalhousie University - Faculty of Science. Retrieved 12 October 2017.
- Arbour, Victoria M.; Evans, David C. (2017). "A new ankylosaurine dinosaur from the Judith River Formation of Montana, USA, based on an exceptional skeleton with soft tissue preservation". Royal Society Open Science. 4 (5): 161086. doi:10.1098/rsos.161086.
- Arbour, V.M.; Currie, P.J.; Badamgarav, D. (2014). "The ankylosaurid dinosaurs of the Upper Cretaceous Baruungoyot and Nemegt formations of Mongolia". Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society. 172: 631–652. doi:10.1111/zoj.12185.
- Arbour, Victoria M.; Currie, Philip J. (2015). "Systematics, phylogeny and palaeobiogeography of the ankylosaurid dinosaurs". Journal of Systematic Palaeontology: 1. doi:10.1080/14772019.2015.1059985.
- Arbour, Victoria M.; Burns, Michael E.; Sullivan, Robert M.; Lucas, Spencer G.; Cantrell, Amanda K.; Fry, Joshua; Suazo, Thomas L. (24 September 2014). "A New Ankylosaurid Dinosaur from the Upper Cretaceous (Kirtlandian) of New Mexico with Implications for Ankylosaurid Diversity in the Upper Cretaceous of Western North America". PLOS ONE. PLOS. 9 (9): e108804. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0108804. PMC 4177562. PMID 25250819. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- Arbour, V. M.; Burns, M. E.; Sissons, R. L. (2009). "A redescription of the ankylosaurid dinosaur Dyoplosaurus acutosquameus Parks, 1924 (Ornithischia: Ankylosauria) and a revision of the genus". Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology. 29 (4): 1117. doi:10.1671/039.029.0405.
This article "Victoria Arbour" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.