Watch Out (Dirtyphonics and Bassnectar song)
|File:Watch Out Dirtyphonics Bassnectar.jpg|
|Single by Dirtyphonics and Bassnectar featuring Ragga Twins|
|from the album Monstercat Uncaged Vol. 1|
|Released||31 March 2017|
|Dirtyphonics singles chronology|
|Bassnectar singles chronology|
"Watch Out" is a drumstep song by French electronic band Dirtyphonics in collaboration with American DJ Bassnectar with vocals from the Ragga Twins. "Watch Out" was released on 31 March 2017 by independent electronic music label Monstercat.
Speaking to Billboard Dance about how the track came together, Bassnectar said:
I was playing a show in Paris and hung out in the studio with the Dirtyphonics guys, we had this insane loop going and every time the downbeat synth hit everyone grimaced, but also like a really weird sense of pleasure at the same time. It took us like 89 years to finish cuz we kept making different versions, passing back and forth between half a dozen humans -- glad to see it finally alive and able to fly free into the world!
Dirtyphonics further stated in the same interview that adding the Ragga Twins into the track connected well.
Reception and release
Alexa Shouneyia, writing for Billboard, said "The quick drums and intense bass paired with Ragga Twins' jungle influence helps this track feel like a summer party." Jeanette Kats of Noiseporn said "With such a dominant combination of power thrown into one track, it could have easily been overdone and disappointing, but 'Watch Out' is a seamless blend of all the artists’ tastes and talents." Harsh Makwana of Bangin Beats said "Juggling the drum beats from dubstep to DnB, 'Watch Out' is sure to keep you on your feet." EDMSauce praised how well Dirtyphonics' drum and bass background blended well with the basslines from Bassnectar.
On 11 May 2017, a drum cover of "Watch Out" was released to the Monstercat YouTube channel performed by drummer KJ Sawka. Matthew Meadow of YourEDM praised the cover, saying "when you put the talents of a world renowned drummer in the mix, you get something truly special."
- "'Watch Out' For This New Dirtyphonics, Bassnectar and Ragga Twins Track: Listen". Billboard. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Dirtyphonics and Bassnectar Go Hard On "Watch out" Feat. Ragga Twins - Noiseporn". www.noiseprn.com. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "Dirtyphonics & Bassnectar feat. Ragga Twins - Watch Out (Original Mix)". The Bangin Beats. 6 April 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- White, Wesley (31 March 2017). "Dirtyphonics x Bassnectar release new collab "Watch Out" Featuring Ragga Twins". EDM Sauce. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "KJ Sawka Gives An Insane Drum Cover To Dirtyphonics & Bassnectar's Collab, "Watch Out"". Your EDM. 11 May 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
This article "Watch Out (Dirtyphonics and Bassnectar song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Watch Out (Dirtyphonics and Bassnectar song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.