Wayne Keon (born 1946) is a Nipissing First Nation author and poet and member of Nipissing First Nation, an Ojibway tribe.
Wayne Keon was born in 1946 in Pembroke, Ontario. His father, Orville Keon worked at Denison Mines in Elliot Lake, where Keon grew up. Although his father only had a 6th grade education, he was a skilled storyteller and presented the young Keon with a gift of the complete works of W. B. Yeats. Even since he was twelve years old, Keon wrote.
Keon obtained a business administration degree from Northern Institute of Technology in Kirkland Lake, Ontario in 1969. He has a background as a financial analyst. As of 1976[update] he worked for mining corporation Rio Algom which amalgamated with Billiton and finally BHP Billiton to become the largest mining corporation in the world and was able to travel extensively, including North and South America, Australia and Europe. The company encouraged Keon's writing and gave their South American colleagues studying English copies of his books.
Keon has read his poetry in Canada, the United States, and throughout Europe. Currently, he lives in Richmond Hill, Ontario.
His work is characterized by his enigmatic and unique spelling, for instance, "nd" instead of "and."
- Keon, Wayne (1997). My Sweet Maize. Toronto, Ontario: Mercury Press. ISBN 978-1-55128-041-7. Search this book on 
- Keon, Wayne (1993). Storm Dancer. Toronto, Ontario: Mercury Press. ISBN 978-0-920544-97-6. Search this book on 
- Keon, Wayne (1990). Sweetgrass II. Toronto, Ontario: Mercury Press. ISBN 978-0-920544-78-5. Search this book on 
- THUNDERBIRDS OF THE OTTAWA, fictional account of a Canadian of native descent with a contemporary historical setting in the Ottawa Valley region. Co-authored by Wayne Keon and Orville Keon. Highway Bookshop, Cobalt, Ontario.
- SWEETGRASS, a modern anthology of Indian Poetry. Collection of poetry written by three members of the Keon family. Orville Keon and two sons Wayne Keon and Ronald Keon collaborated. WOK Books, Elliot Lake, Ontario.
- das auge des raben schwarz. 2016. Edited by Helmbrecht Breinig and Wolfram Donat, Libronauti Verlag, Gelnhausen, Germany
- Live Ink. 2012. Chenelière Éducation, Montreal, PQ, Canada
- NWT Literacy. 2011. NWT Literacy Council Poetry Resource, Yellowknife, NWT, Canada
- Live Lines. 2010. Pearson Canada Inc., Don Mills, Ontario, Canada
- Composition and Indigenous Literature in Canada. 2009. Edited by Linda Stollings. Thompson Rivers University, Canada
- Canadian Native Literature in English: An Anthology. 2005 Third Edition. Canadian Indian poetry. Edited by Terry Goldie and Daniel David Moses. Oxford University Press, Canada.
- Without Reservation. 2003. Edited by Kateri Akiwenzie-Damm. Kegedonce Press, Canada
- Native Poetry in Canada. 2001. Edited by Lally Grauer, Jeannette Armstrong. Broadview Press, Canada .
- Poetry Nation. 1998. Edited by Regie Cabico and Todd Swift, Vehicle Press, Canada
- Canadian Native Literature in English: An Anthology. 1997 Second Edition. Canadian Indian poetry. Edited by Terry Goldie and Daniel David Moses. Oxford University Press, Canada.
- Uncommon Wealth: an Anthology of Poetry in English. 1997. Edited by Neil Besner, Deborah Schnizer and Alden Turner, Oxford University Press, Canada
- Images of Nature. 1995. Edited by David Booth, Kids Can Press, Canada
- Voices of the First Nations. 1995. McGraw Hill Ryerson, Toronto.
- Border Lines: Contemporary Poems in English. 1995. Edited by Dr. J.A. Wainwright, Copp, Clark, Canada
- Insights: Choices. 1994. Glen Kirkland & Rd Davies, Harcourt Brace & Company, San Diego.
- There Will Always Be A Sky. 1993. Edited by George Swede, Nelson Canada, Houghton Mifflin Company Nelson Canada, Canada.
- Canadian Native Literature in English: An Anthology. 1992. Canadian Indian poetry. Edited by Terry Goldie and Daniel David Moses. Oxford University Press, Canada.
- Native Writers and Canadian Writing. 1990. Edited by W. H. New. University of British Columbia Press, Canada.
- Different Masks. 1990. Edited by J. Alvin Speers, Aardvark Enterprises, Canada.
- Sacred Climaxes. 1990. Edited by Jiri Jirasek, Cosmic Trend, Canada.
- First People, First Voices. 1983. Edited by Penny Petrone. University of Toronto Press, Canada.
- Many Voices. 1977. Edited by David Day, Marilyn Bowering, J.J. Douglas Ltd, Canada
- Sweetgrass: An Anthology of Indian Poetry, 1972. Edited by Wayne Keon, Ronald Keon, and Orville Keon, Algoma Printing Service, Canada.
Music performances of Wayne Keon's work
- Teach Me To Dance (2014), Written by Wayne Keon / Arranged and Performed by Mia Bee
- Storm Dances (1996). Featured in performance presenting 'Storm Dances' - selection of improvised music and poems from STORM DANCER. Performers William Beauvais, Julian Knight, Mhari Fyfe, Wednesday, June 1996 at Orillia, Ontario
- Storm Dances (1995). Featured in performance presenting 'Storm Dances' - selection of improvised music and poems from STORM DANCER. * performers William Beauvais, Julian Knight, Mhari Fyfe, Fall 1995 at Toronto, Ontario
- Storm Dances (1994). Featured in performance by Improv Cafe presenting 'Storm Dances' - selection of improvised music and poems from STORM DANCER. Performers William Beauvais, Julian Knight, Mhari Fyfe, Wednesday, March 16, 1994, at THE ART BAR, Matyas Cellar, 840 St. Clair Ave. W., Toronto, Ontario
- Three Impressions (1973). Musical arrangement commissioned for the Ontario Youth Choir, CBC taping Arrangement composed by Norma Beecroft, Poems from Sweetgrass, "shell," "fall," and "sundown."
- "Sunsets & Dreams", music album
- "lo tech no tech & no retakes", music album
- "Wayne Keon, 1946." Native American Authors. (retrieved 30 Dec 2009)
- Armstrong and Grauer, 84
- "Wayne Keon". The Mercury Press. Archived from the original on 2012-07-23. Retrieved 2009-12-30. Unknown parameter
- Hartman, Christina."Tribal Literature." Essays and Information. (retrieved 30 Dec 2009)
- New, William H. Native Writers and Canadian Writing. Vancouver: UBC Press, 1990: 153-165. ISBN 0-7748-0371-1 Search this book on ..
- Armstrong, Jeannette C. and Lalage Grauer. Native Poetry in Canada: A Contemporary Anthology. Peterborough, Ontario: Broadview Press, 2001. ISBN 978-1-55111-200-8 Search this book on ..
- Daniel David Moses, Terry Goldie and Armand Garnet Ruffo. An Anthology of Canadian Native Literature in English Oxford University Press Canada, 8 Sampson Mews, Suite 204, Don Mills, Ontario, Canada, M3C 0H5. ISBN 9780195443530 Search this book on ..
- Helmbrecht Breinig and Wolfram Donat. das auge des raben schwarz 2016 Alte Leipziger Str. 25, 63571 Gelnhausen, Germany. ISBN 9783944861081 Search this book on ..
This article "Wayne Keon" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Wayne Keon. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.