Type of site
Vancouver, British Columbia,
Weeve was a free crowdfunding website for nonprofit projects. It was founded by Alex Chung, Vincent Chu, and Trevor Loke and based in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The site once raised money for organizations including the BC Children's Hospital Foundation and YWCA. Weeve operated based on a freemium model and did not charge fees from donors or nonprofit organizations.
It was launched in July 2012. In August 2012, Weeve joined Canadian startup incubator GrowLab.
On February 14, 2013, Weeve was acquired by LX Ventures.
The Weeve.it website is now inactive.
- WALL, ELEANOR (July 28, 2012). "Vancouver Startup Weeve set to Disrupt Nonprofit Fundraising". Digital Journal.
- Roberto, Katrina (August 7, 2012). "Vancouver's Weeve was to bring a free crowdfunding alternative to Kickstarter and Indiegogo". Vancouver Observer.
- Geier, Karen (November 1, 2012). "Your Start-Up Business: Doing Better Together". HuffPost.
- "Vancouver's Weeve is the World's First Crowdfunding Platform that doesn't take a cut". Born Digital. July 5, 2012.
- Lardinois, Frederic (August 22, 2012). "Vancouver's Growlab Accelerator Graduates Its Spring 2012 Cohort". TechCrunch.
- "LX Ventures Acquires Weeve.it Crowdfunding Platform" (Press release). Marketwire. February 14, 2013.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Weeve" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Weeve. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.