Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Headquarters||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|No. of offices||3|
|No. of lawyers||Over 200|
|No. of employees||410|
|Major practice areas||Corporate law|
|Key people||David Hertz (Chairman)|
Jeremy Botha (CEO)
|Company type||Legal Practice|
Werksmans Attorneys is a South African law firm with offices in Johannesburg, Cape Town and Stellenbosch. It was established in the early 1900s. In 1993, Werksmans was one of the founding members of LEX Africa, currently the oldest and largest African network.
With a focus on corporate and commercial law, the firm's practice areas include banking and finance; business recovery, insolvency, and restructuring; competition law; labour law; environmental law; health, pharmaceutical, and life sciences; and mining, energy, and natural resources. It also provides legal advisory services for intellectual property, litigation and dispute resolution (and alternative dispute resolution in the form of mediation and arbitration), media and communications, mergers and acquisitions, property transactions, sports and entertainment, tax, and information technology.
In the news
In November 2019, the firm was representing celebrity Boity Thulo in her legal attempt to terminate her contract with her management agency.
After an apparent issue with non-payment of fees, Werksmans severed ties with its client the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa in February 2020.
- "About". Werksmans. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "People Profiles: Africa". Werksmans. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "Werksmans Attorneys". The Legal 500. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "Company Overview of Werksmans Attorneys Incorporating Jan S. de Villiers". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "General Enquiries". Werksmans. Retrieved 2018-06-22.
- "Gatvol Boity wants out of management agency". Sunday World. 25 February 2020. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
- Liezl Human (6 February 2020). "End of the line for Prasa as frustrated law firm resigns over unpaid millions". DispatchLIVE. Retrieved 26 February 2020.
Template:Law firms of South Africa
|This South Africa-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Werksmans" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Werksmans. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.