|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Australia, New Zealand|
|Darren Fullerton, CEO|
Number of employees
Winc is an office supply retailing corporation that operates primarily in Australia and New Zealand. The company was previously known as Staples (Australian and New Zealand branches), but in 2017 it was acquired by Los Angeles-based private equity firm Platinum Equity, rebranding to the name “Winc”. Winc sells office supplies, office machines, promotional products, technology, business services, and other office-related products.
In 2016, Staples divested its Australian and New Zealand businesses as part of a strategic shift to focus on its US-based retail store format. The company’s Australian and New Zealand businesses were acquired by Platinum Equity. In September 2017, the Winc brand was launched.
- Staples Inc.
- Spencer, Leon (7 August 2017). "Staples unveils new A/NZ brand name". ARN. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "Consolidate suppliers to cap business costs". Financial Review. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "The $10 billion battle for nation's Station Cupboards". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "Staples Australia and New Zealand rebrands as Winc after Platinum Equity buyout". CRN. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- Canning, Simon (August 7, 2017). "Staples rebrands as Winc after private equity takes local control". Mumbrella. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "Live conference has a link with Winc". Stationary News. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "ACCC Gives Support Of OfficeMax Sale To Winc/Staples". Channel News. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
- "Staples ANZ Rebrands As Winc". Scoop News. Retrieved February 15, 2018.
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This New Zealand corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Winc" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Winc. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.