Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Original author(s)||Sillub Technology|
|Developer(s)||Bob Blackwell, Martin Fischer, Adam Richards|
|Initial release||1.0 / 1996|
5.1.0 / March 11, 2018
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, Mac|
|License||GNU GPL 2+|
Search XTrackCAD on Amazon.
XTrackCAD — cross-platform free and open-source 2D CAD program for designing model railroad layouts with simple mechanical simulation capabilities. Version 5.1 onward runs on Windows, Linux and macOS. It is a fork of XTrkCad originally developed by Sillub Technology company located in Ottawa, Canada. Currently it is maintained by a community of volunteers, including a few developers that took part in the development of the original XtrkCad.
A previous software package called XtrkCad was developed by Sillub Technology, and XtrkCad 1.0 was released in 1996 as paid proprietary software. Cost was $US65 (or $CDN90 for residents of Canada).
On January 30, 2004 the status of XtrkCad was changed to freeware software.
On December 31, 2004 status of software was changed to open-source.
On April 27, 2007 active development was stopped.
In 2009 XtrkCad was forked by Martin Fischer, who previously took part in XtrkCad development.
V5.2 which added Bezier tracks and objects and Cornu easements was released by Martin Fischer and Adam Richards in mid 2018.
- Modelling 2D railroad layouts – Draw track using curve, straight, bezier and arc track or using parts library. Join tracks using pre-built easements or Cornu easements. Draw objects using straight, arc, bezier, box and polygon lines or using parts.
- Modelling multilayer layouts – Set parts of layout on different elevation
- Preparing for printing – Print layout scheme in 1:1 scale or in any other scale
- Simulating train running – During modelling layout user could test run trains on it during development. The cars and engines can be created or drawn from a parts library.
XTrackCAD is free software distributed under GPLv2. Files to open need to be in its own text-based XTrackCAD Track (*.xtc) format. Various export formats are provided, including 2D vector drawing as DXF.
- List of computer-aided design editors for architecture, engineering and construction
- Comparison of CAD editors for CAE
- "The XTrackCAD Wiki: Localization". www.xtrkcad.org.
- Sillub Technology: Registration (archived on 2000-01-18)
- Sillub Technology: /files/xtrkcad.fix.txt (archived on 1999-02-22)
- Sillub Technology: XtrkCad What's New (archived on 1998-02-05)
- Sillub Technology: XTrkCad Changes (archived on 1998-02-05)
- Sillub Technology (archived on 1998-02-05)
- Sillub Technology: Order (archived on 1999-02-03)
- Sillub Technology: Registering XTrkCad (archived on 2005-02-05)
- XTrkCad model railroad track software is going open source - The Silicon Underground (archived on 2018-03-28)
- Sillub Technology (archived on 2005-03-23)
- Sillub Technology: XTrkCad What's New (archived on 2006-02-05)
- SourceForge.net: XTrkCad Model Railroad CAD (archived on 2008-10-15)
- Sillub Technology: XTrkCad Source Code (archived on 2006-05-04)
- SourceForge.net: XTrkCad Model Railroad CAD (archived 2008-10-15)
- "XTrkCAD Model RR Track Planner". SourceForge.
- Ryan Andersen, Tim Harrison (29 March 2008). "Ryan Andersen's Model Railcast Show #006" – via Internet Archive.
- Ryan Andersen, Tim Harrison (31 March 2008). "Ryan Andersen's Model Railcast Show #006B" – via Internet Archive.
- Ryan Andersen, Tim Harrison (6 April 2008). "Ryan Andersen's Model Railcast Show #007" – via Internet Archive.
- Ryan Andersen (15 November 2010). "Ryan Andersen's Model Railcast Show #127" – via Internet Archive.
- "An Introduction to XTrackCAD – User-friendly Layout Design Software» by Lyndon Spence" (PDF).
- "«MainLine» — The Journal of NMRA Australasian Region (Vol.33, №2, Winter 2016)" (PDF).
- "Plan Your Model Railroad with XTrkCAD – Gateway NMRA Meeting September 19, 2016". 27 August 2016.
- "Using Computers for Model Railroads - Gateway NMRA". www.gatewaynmra.org.
|This computer-aided design software article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "XTrackCAD" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:XTrackCAD. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.