Xavier Darnel Singletary
|Xavier Darnel Singletary|
Xavier Darnel Singletary
Rapper, Musician, Songwriter
Xavier Darnel Singletary, better known by his stage name Darnel, is a Music artist, Rapper, Songwriter, hailing from Enterprise, Alabama. His musical style is one which encompasses a variety of genres, but primarily it includes hip hop, R&B, and alternative. Darnel is a member of the United States army, and he has spent the last three years living in Japan. 
Darnel insists that his primary motivation for joining the military was so that he could travel the world. Prior to joining the military, Darnel obtained his bachelor’s degree in exercise science. He thus spends a significant portion of his time as a personal trainer. Darnel enjoys keeping his body in top shape while putting in the leg work to boost his music career. Although he has yet to release a full musical body of work, Darnel has released a few singles online which have received positive reviews. He has also established a promising relationship with a local music producer in Japan who will ensure that Darnel’s vocal abilities are properly catered to.
Darnel was born in Enterprise, Alabama. Growing up, his parents would always stress the importance of someday attending college. Darnel certainly did attend college, and he obtained his degree in exercise science.
He utilized his degree to become a personal trainer at Gold’s Gym, and he made himself available to clients for on-call appointments and group sessions.
Darnel decided to join the military after he started working at Gold's Gym. Most people tend to join the armed forces after high school as an alternative to attending college; however, Darnel joined at a more mature age because it was at that time that he finally determined how the military could benefit him personally.
The artist always knew he wanted to leave America at some point in order to experience different cultures, and Japan seemed the most enticing to him. Darnel has now spent the last three and a half years living overseas in Japan.
Darnel refers to himself as a rapper, but his musical sounds vary too often to be labeled solely in the hip hop genre. Music listeners will notice that Darnel’s style tends to fluctuate between hip hop, R&B, and alternative primarily; however, Darnel will likely entertain even more genres as time progresses. Evidently, Darnel’s emotional state is always determinative of the music he will attempt to create. Some of Darnel’s primary musical influences include big names such as Gerald Levert, Lil’ Wayne, Babyface, 50 Cent, Usher, Michael Jackson, and Prince.
He would appreciate the opportunity to work with some of today’s popular artists like Summer Walker, Billie Eilish, Kehlani, and Ari Lennox. Be sure to stream Darnel’s latest single “3am Detox” on Spotify.
- Baker, Lisa (August 26, 2020). "Darnel Talks Doing Music in the Military". California Herald.
- Cogmon, Albert. "Darnel Transitions From Serving His Country to Serenading His Fans". Seekers Times. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- Rogers, David. "Darnel Wishes to Write Lyrics and Wander the Globe". Tribune Byte. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- "DARNEL SPEAKS ON FITNESS AND FOLLOWING HIS DREAMS". Swagger Magazine. August 23, 2020.
- Troutman, Brenda (August 31, 2020). "Aspiring Artist Darnel is a Fitness Fanatic With a Free Spirit". America Daily Post.
- Awasthi, Anil. "Darnel Capitalizes on His Musical Passion While Traveling the World as an Army Man". Tricity Daily. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- Wiles, Matthew (August 31, 2020). "Darnel Acknowledges His Upbringing and Addresses how it has Affected His Artistry". BigTimeDaily. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- Campbell, Vanessa (September 12, 2020). "Connecting People Through His Music Has Made Darnel the Next Big Thing in the Music Industry". Kivo Daily.