|Born||Croydon, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Gospel, Urban contemporary gospel|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, song writer|
|Associated acts||KODA, "Blessing Ali"|
Yaw Osei-Owusu, simply known as Yaw is an American singer and songwriter of English and Ghanaian descent. He was born in Croydon, England, and raised in Northern Virginia.
Osei-Owusu was born in Croydon, London, and moved to Northern Virginia, United States, when he was six. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Business Management from Liberty University where he and his colleagues founded a campus ministry called P.E.N.S.A.
A year later a live recording album My Reasonable Act was released. At the 2012 African Gospel Music Awards he won the "Artist of the Year (USA/Canada)" award.
|The Audio-Biography of a Worshipper Chapter 1: My Passion||
|My Reasonable Act||
Awards and nominations
Africa Gospel Music Awards (AGMA)
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|2012||Himself||ARTIST OF THE YEAR (Solo/Group) – USA/CANADA||Won|
- "Lynchburg PENSA Ministry – STAFF – Retired/First Student President; Active Alumnus: Deacon Yaw Osei Owusu". Retrieved July 21, 2015.
- "Yaw Osei-Owusu – Gospel Singer in Washington, District Of Columbia". GigSalad. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- "Osabarima". Bandcamp. Retrieved May 30, 2012.
- Nii Atakora Mensah (May 31, 2013). "The next big thing in gospel music – YAW". Ghana Music. Retrieved May 10, 2014.
- "The Audio-Biography of A Worshipper" Chapter 1 My Passion By Yaw Osei-Owusu". Soundcloud.
- "Nacy, Ohemaa Mercy, Gifty Osei, Skuulfoo, Nii Okai, Others Nominated For Africa Gospel Music Awards 2012+Full List Of Nomination". News Ghana. June 7, 2012.
- "Spotlight – Yaw Osei-Owusu, A Powerhouse in Praises & Worship Has Emerged". Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- Charles Koranteng (June 4, 2012). "AGMA 2012 FINAL NOMINEE LIST". Modern Ghana. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- Yaw Osei-Owusu on Facebook
|This Ghanaian biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Yaw Osei-Owusu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Yaw Osei-Owusu. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.