Your Name (upcoming film)
|Directed by||Lee Isaac Chung|
|Screenplay by||Emily V. Gordon|
|Based on||Your Name|
by Makoto Shinkai
Bad Robot Productions
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
A Native American woman living in the rural countryside and a young man from Chicago discover they are swapping bodies. They must journey to meet and work together to save their worlds from a potential disaster.
It was announced in September 2017 that J. J. Abrams has acquired the rights to the 2016 film through his Bad Robot Productions banner, with Eric Heisserer set to write the screenplay. In February 2019, Marc Webb was hired to direct.
In January 2020, the original film's director/writer, Makoto Shinkai, revealed that Abrams sent him the remake's script for his approval. In September, it was announced Lee Isaac Chung was now directing the film, with Emily V. Gordon rewriting the screenplay.
- Barder, Ollie. "The Live-Action Movie Of 'Your Name' Is No Longer Set In Japan". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-02-20.
- "J.J. Abrams, Paramount Team for Sci-Fi Love Story 'Your Name'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2019-02-23.
- Jr, Mike Fleming; Jr, Mike Fleming (2019-02-15). "'Amazing Spider-Man's Marc Webb To Direct 'Your Name' Remake For Toho, Paramount, Bad Robot". Deadline. Retrieved 2019-02-23.
- Taylor-Foster Jr., Kim (January 14, 2020). "'Your Name' Creator Is Approving Scripts For JJ Abrams Remake". www.fandom.com. Retrieved January 16, 2020.
- Kroll, Justin; Kroll, Justin (2020-09-18). "Lee Isaac Chung To Direct 'Your Name' Live-Action Reimagining From Toho, Paramount And Bad Robot". Deadline. Retrieved 2020-09-18.
This article "Your Name (upcoming film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Your Name (upcoming film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.