Yummypets is a social media network for pets. It allows members to create social profiles for their pets, store photos and videos, build communities and access specific animal related content and services. Yummypets is a subsidiary of French company Octopepper which is headquartered in Bordeaux.
Octopepper co-founders Matthieu Glayrouse and Mathieu Chollon launched the Beta version of Yummypets in 2012. Both founders believed that despite the enormous popularity of pet ownership and animal web content, pet lovers did not have a specific social platform for them to ‘geek-out’ on. Matthieu Glayrouse and Mathieu Chollon felt that posting pet photos on generalist social networks often led to negative stereotyping and stigmatising of the user, often unfairly. The Beta version was based on the idea of Hot or Not for pets. The competitive game mechanic (called, ‘Yummy or Not’) remains a popular feature on Yummypets. Soon after launch, Yummypets attracted media interest from many French bloggers and media outlets such as FranceTVInfo, L’Express, Mon Quottidien, L’Obs, RTL, helping membership grow quickly in Yummypets’ native France.
In 2014 the company joined the Orange FAB France Accelerator Program. Following this introduction, the company has worked closely with the mobile phone company, Orange France in the joint development of an internet connected pet collar which allows pet owners to monitor the location and vitality metrics of their pet. This data is integrated with pets’ Yummypets profiles. Commercial launch of the Yummypets Connected Collar is scheduled for late 2015, early 2016.
By June 2015 the company claimed to have 500,000 pet members.
- Nate Lanxon (23 May 2013). "Animals-only social network YummyPets sails from France for a UK launch". Wired UK. Condé Nast. Retrieved 14 October 2014.
- Delmas, Aurélie. "Yummypets, le Facebook français pour les animaux". Francetvinfo.fr. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Yummypets, le réseau social des animaux". Lexpansion.lexpress.fr. L'Express. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- ""Yummypets" Facebook ... animals!". Monquotidien.fr. Mon Quotidien.
- AFP (6 January 2012). "Yummypets, le 1er réseau social français pour animaux de compagnies". Tempsreel.nouvelobs.com. L'OBS. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Animals are more likely to have a Facebook page or invite themselves on other social networks, and their circle of friends is sometimes greater than that of their master!". WWW.RTL.FR. RTL. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Le réseau social pour animaux Yummypets lève 1,5 million d'euros". Journaldunet.com. 11 June 2012. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Newfund currently has 43 active investments". Newfund-capital.com.
- "Yummypets: The social network for animals (smartphone app testing)". Video.lefigaro.fr. Le Figaro. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- Phelan, David (24 May 2013). "Top gadgets for pets". The Independent. Retrieved 16 June 2018.
- Lanxon, Nate. "Animals-only social network YummyPets sails from France for a UK launch". Wired.co.uk. Wired. Retrieved 2017-01-01.[dead link]
- Cuny, Delphine. "Orange se donne un coup de jeune avec son accélérateur de startups". Latribune.fr. La Tribune. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Orange partners with Yummypets to develop wearable tech collar for pets". Orange.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Nala cat". Fr.yummypets.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Oskar the Blind Cat". Fr.yummypets.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "MJ". Fr.yummypets.com. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
- "Contact/Media - Atchoum the cat - Official Website". Atchoum the cat. Retrieved 2017-01-01.
This article "Yummypets" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Yummypets. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.