Yvonne Marie Nicolle Calment (19 January 1898 – 19 January 1934) was the daughter of the French supercentenarian Jeanne Calment who died on her 36th birthday, much before her mother.
Yvonne was the only child of Jeanne Calment and Fernand Nicolas Calment (1868–1942). Yvonne married army officer Joseph Billot on 3 February 1926, and their only son, Frédéric, was born on 23 December of the same year.
Identity swap theory
Yvonne is the subject of a theory in which it was Jeanne who actually died in 1934, with Yvonne usurping her mother's identity, faking Jeanne's death as her own and continuing to live as Jeanne to avoid paying the heavy inheritance taxes that would ruin her family's finances. That would make Yvonne 99 years old at the time of her death in 1997 and invalidate the claim to the oldest person ever.
- Robine, Jean-Marie; Allard, Michel (1999). "Jeanne Calment: Validation of the Duration of Her Life". In Jeune, Bernard; Vaupel, James W. Validation of Exceptional Longevity. Odense University Press. ISBN 87-7838-466-4. Retrieved 9 January 2018 – via Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research. Search this book on
- Loguinova-Yakovleva, Victoria (31 December 2018). "La longévité de Jeanne Calment mise en doute par des scientifiques russes" [Russian scientists cast doubts on Jeanne Calment's longevity]. France Soir (in français). Agence France Presse.
- Chevallier, Hélène; Jourdain, Stéphane; Emanuele, Valeria (2 January 2019). "Les experts qui ont validé la longévité de Jeanne Calment répondent aux chercheurs russes point par point" [Experts who validated Jeanne Calment's longevity refute each point by Russian researchers]. France Inter (in français). Retrieved 2 January 2019.
- Hopper, Tristin (31 December 2018). "History's oldest woman a fraud? Russian researchers claim 122-year-old Jeanne Calment was actually a 99-year-old imposter". National Post. Toronto, Canada. Retrieved 1 January 2019.
- Zak, Nikolay (December 2018). "Jeanne Calment: the secret of longevity". ResearchGate. doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.29345.04964. Retrieved 27 December 2018.
- Milova, Elena (4 November 2018). "Valery Novoselov: Investigating Jeanne Calment's Longevity Record". Life Extension Advocacy Foundation. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- J’Accuse…! Why Jeanne Calment’s 122-year old longevity record may be fake Medium.com
|This French biographical article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Yvonne Calment" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Yvonne Calment. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.