|Founded 📆||May 2016Los Angeles, California, United States in|
|Founder 👔||Robert Max McFarlane & Paul Van Kleef|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Los Angeles, California,
Area served 🗺️
|Paul Van Kleef (founder), Max Azria (CEO)|
Number of employees
ZappLight is a brand that produces bug zapping light bulbs, founded by Robert Max McFarlane & Paul Van Kleef.
The Zapplight brand was founded in May 2016 by Robert Max McFarlane and his business partner Paul Van Kleef.
The company’s Zapplight bulb acts as both a functional light bulb and a bug zapper. It emits 920 lumens of light, and also emits an ultra violet light to attract bugs and zap them with a wave of electricity inside the bulb’s external grid.
In 2016, research out of New Mexico State University determined that ZappLight was in fact effective against Zika causing mosquitoes. However, others have questioned the product’s convenience due to the bulb’s size being larger than a standard household light bulb.
- Hamanaka, Kari (31 May 2017). "Max Azria, BCBG Max Azria Group founder, named chief executive, partner of L.A. tech start-up". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Chen, I-Chun (31 May 2017). "Designer Max Azria aims to shine light on Zika virus as ZappLight's new CEO". Biz Journals.
- "BRIEF-ZappLight says Max Azria joins Zapplight and its parent company Clean Concept LLC as CEO and partner". Reuters. 31 May 2017.
- Belgum, Deborah (13 June 2017). "BCBG Max Azria Receives Bid to Take It Out of Bankruptcy". Apparel News.
- Coxworth, Ben (8 February 2016). "ZappLight bulb turns ordinary lamps into bug-killers". New Atlas.
- McGrath, Jenny (12 February 2016). "Zzzzap: This LED bulb also houses a bug zapper, but will it work on mosquitoes?". Digital Trends.
- "ZappLight LED Light Bulb & Bug Zapper". gearhungry.com. Gear Hungry.
- "LA Startup ZappLight Has New CEO, Fashion Mogul, Max Azria". Nibletz. Los Angeles,California. 1 June 2017.
- Bishop, Ashley (13 July 2017). "The Zapplight promises to help fight mosquitoes, but does it work?". Valley NewsLive. Fargo, ND, USA.
- "Review: Zapplight – An LED light & bug zapper, in one". POC Network. 25 June 2017.
This article "ZappLight" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:ZappLight. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.