Zeljko Jancic Zec
|Zeljko Jancic Zec|
|Born||Željko Jančić Zec|
July 16, 1969
|🏫 Education||Amsterdam University of the Arts|
|Painting, Media Art, Performance Art|
Search Zeljko Jancic Zec on Amazon.
Zeljko Jancic Zec, born in 1969, at Rijeka, Croatia is a visual, performing and media artist. Through his art, he analyzes matters which are related to the human concerns and relations with society and nature. One of the subjects of his works is individuality, namely if and how a person confronted with a materialistic, consumerist society can be and remain an individual human, as well as the freedom of individuals as a vital element for the successful operation of the society.
One of his items is the idea of freedom. Being free for the author means being creative, rejecting manipulated emotions and the false sense of security that social norms offer. The quest of existential identity is bounded with many of his works, either as the quest of the exiled (being and remaining the other, wherever one goes), or the quest of the one, who is trying to find his way back to his roots. Communication is also one of his items. Communicating for the author means understanding, learning, building trust, being open to different perspectives.
As a new age artist, defined by the globalization and the polarization between rich and poor, his work shows his agony for the hurt of nature and the relation between humans and nature.
Education and Work
He graduated in the Netherlands, at the Amsterdam University of the Arts. He has performed and exhibited his works in Europe and in the United States. He is a member of the UPUH of Croatia (Croatian Dancers Association) Script error: The function "in_lang" does not exist. of Zagreb and Rijeka and of the Freie Theaterarbeit (Austrian Association of Independent Theatre) of Vienna. He teaches performing and visual arts in various venues, schools, festivals and institutions.
Since 1990 his works of art revolve around various means of fine art and have been shown in more than hundred solo and group exhibitions on miscellaneous topics as: Visions of creation, Underwater world, Santasija, Companions, Dialog, Behind closed eyes and others. By working on performances he developed a photographic and cinematographic perspective. Since early 2000, photography and video had been an essential and constant part of his artistic activities. It opens the possibility to play with various cinematic techniques, expression and performing. He has produced several series of photographs: Piedina, Treno terreno, Showroom, The ghost has no home, Urban leisure, Blind through life, Kult of Diva, Goli Otok / Vision in the shadow.
He has also produced several short films whose have been successfully shown at international film festivals: Waterish, The Second Man, Comeback, Blind through life. He has won awards for the film Waterish at the festival Choreografic Captures International Competition 2008 Joint Adventures, and for the film The Second Man on the 41st Festival KRAF.
He creates art in order to explore such issues as daily life, the human condition and the complexity of existence. Over the years has highlighted his artistic work on economic and social themes, political realities, as they interact with the protean variety of modern society.
Exhibitions & Αwards
Jančić's works have been the subject of over a hundred solo and group exhibitions around the world and he has received a number of awards. Among the places he has exhibited in are:
- Musee du Louvre - Paris, France
- Museo della Civiltà Romana - Rome, Italy
- Bonn Art Museum - Germany
- Museum of the Americas - Florida, United States
- The Croatian Museum of Tourism - Opatija, Croatia
- MMSU Museum of Modern and Contemporary art Mali salon - Rijeka, Croatia
- City Museum of Rijeka - Croatia
- City Museum of Umaga - Croatia
- Technical Museum - Vienna, Austria
- Museums Quartier Vienna - Austria
- Chashama Gallery - New York, United States
- SCOPE Art Miami - Miami Beach, United States
- UNO City - Vienna, Austria
- Antimatter Film Festival - Victoria BC, Canada
- Dock11 - Berlin, Germany
- ADA project space - Rotterdam, Netherlands
- 2nd International Izmir Art Biennial - Izmir, Turkey
- Palais Porcia - Vienna, Austria
- P'Silo Festival Images Contre Nature - Marseille, France
- Het Veem Theater - Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Center for Contemporary Art - Gdansk, Poland
- Joint Adventures - Munich, Germany
- Palais Kabelwerk ARTspace kA_12 - Vienna, Austria
- WUK Workshop and Culture House - Vienna, Austria
- Cronosfera festival - Torino, Italy
- Cultural & Educational Center - Vortex - Skopje, Macedonia
- dietheater Künstlerhaus - Vienna, Austria
- THE ROOM Contemporary Art Space - Venice, Italy
- Some works of art made by Zeljko Jancic Zec uploaded on Museum of Roman Civilization.
- Interview with Zeljko Jancic Zec
- Presentation of Jancic's work "Dialog"
This article "Zeljko Jancic Zec" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zeljko Jancic Zec. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.