|Industry||Manufacturing and Packaging|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Dublin, Ireland|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
|🌐 Website||Home Page|
Business Site Home Page
Zeus is an Irish based distribution and manufacturing group. It manufactures, develops and retails industrial packaging, food and retail, janitorial and hygiene supplies, hospitality supplies, agricultural packaging and fashion retail supplies to a variety of industry sectors including grocery, food service, retail, cleaning, pharmaceutical, distribution, manufacturing, agricultural, health care and food processing.
Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, Zeus, employs 250 staff and has offices in the UK, Northern Ireland, Germany, Poland, Spain, New Zealand, Australia and Canada. Zeus has been in the agricultural, industrial and retail business for last 20 years, and was awarded Irish Franchise Award in 2017 and one of Ireland’s Deloitte Best Managed Companies in 2018 in a row. 
Zeus Group has acquired nine companies since it has started its operation in 1998, and has the European distribution centre in Madrid, Spain and Poznan, Poland along with manufacturing in Hangzhou, China and Istanbul, Turkey. 
Zeus Foundation (1998-2000)
Zeus was founded by Cork-based entrepreneur Brian O’Sullivan in 1998 in Limerick, and it has come to the packaging industry by selling out just one group of products, AFP stretch wrap from Holland, when it was formerly named as Johnson Packaging. At present, its headquarter is in Dublin and offices are in Cork and Limerick across Ireland. Zeus had employed 79 staff during its establishment in 1998.
Expansion in the EU and UK (2000-2010)
In 2005, Zeus acquired Dublin based packaging company called AC Tape and Packaging. Before this acquisition, it acquired Cosgrave Packaging, Elite Packaging, and RJ Sales. This deal mainly expected to grow the presence of Zeus in various geographies and market sectors including retail, pharmaceutical and healthcare. By 2005, Zeus had offices in Dublin, Cork and Limerick and a manufacturing facility in Lithuania.
In 2007, The company acquired “Ireland’s only paper manufacturing company” Aishling Manufacturing, which further enable Zeus to meet the unprecedented demand for takeaway coffee cups in Ireland. There were few acquisition made in 2017 when the company acquired Coogan Watts, a Belfast based plastic packaging company, Fillmore Packaging, an English-based packaging distribution company.
In 2008, Zeus further expanded its presence in the British market. The company acquired Stevenage-based packaging distribution company All Purpose Packaging. The English company had an annual turnover of €15.9M in the financial year 2007. The company made few acquisitions in Ireland, one of them was, Wicklow-Based bio bag manufacturer, Omega Packaging. Following the acquisition, Zeus stretched its presence in the plastic packaging industry and offered compostable and biodegradable bio bags, refuse sacks and bin liners under its own-brand name.
By 2008, the company had started selling packaging products across the UK and Ireland and its expanded business stretched across Ireland, UK and Lithuania. By the end of 2008, “company employed 250 staffs – most of them worked in the three Irish operations in Dublin, Cork and Belfast,” says The Irish Examiner.
Further Expansion in the European Union and Oceania (2010-2018)
In 2012, Zeus announced another acquisition when it acquired Russell Will, an Irish supplier to the hospitality, catering, fast food, leisure and healthcare industry. The company continued to trade under the Russell Will name while retaining its product brand names.
By 2012, the company’s expanded business has stretched its presences across the UK, Spain and Poland where it developed six regional sales offices at various locations. The firm has stocked over 6000 products in its distribution centre in Spain and Poland with manufacturing hubs in China and Turkey. The company further announced its expansion in the EU with the opening of its new sales office in Dusseldorf, Germany in 2013. Between 2013 to 2017, the company significantly grew its business reach from Ireland, UK, Poland, Spain to Australia, and New Zealand where it mainly focused on agricultural packaging.
However, in January 2018, one of Zeus's major announcements to sign the agreement with logistics developer Gazeley to deliver a 9,060 M2 or 105,000-sq-ft distribution facility for Zeus in Biggleswade, has enabled them to make the transport links from their warehouse to the most parts of London and across the UK streamlined. It will help them to axe the overall shipping expenses significantly and reduce the transit time, according to Philip Brown, General Manager at Zeus UK. 
As of March 2018, Zeus has six distribution centers in support of better operations within the UK and Ireland that includes – Dublin (Headquarter), Cork, Belfast, Stevenage, Birmingham, and Norwich.
The company has central distribution centres located in Dublin, Belfast, Birmingham, Madrid, and Poznan in Poland. Zeus owns three manufacturing facilities which are in Hangzhou in China, Lithuania and Istanbul, where its own-branded goods are manufactured and then distributed to its distribution facility. Zeus has the facility to orders online for its retail customersand by phone-only for its business customers.
Zeus, at present, doesn’t have any retail outlet and company’s plan to open a new outlet is vague.
Recently, Zeus announced that they are to create 80 new jobs as a part of their investments in the new premises in Ireland and the UK.
Services and Product Lines
Zeus is currently offering more than 6000 products sourced from around the world and organizing its operation to the UK and Ireland from Irish and British distribution centres. However, its EU operations are facilitated with European distribution centers, which are in Madrid and Poznan.
Essentially, Zeus is into agricultural, pharmaceutical, industrial, retail, catering, fast food, leisure, healthcare, janitorial, fashion and hospitality industry selling packaging products including (biodegradable & compostable packaging), cleaning equipment, retail packaging, janitorial and healthcare supplies.
Lately, Zeus has invented what it claims is the world’s first “truly recyclable single-use disposable coffee cups” with a plastic inner and a paper outer – making it easier for all recyclable facilities to separate the paper from plastic which is otherwise a difficult task when it comes to standard compostable cups.
Zeus caters to both businesses, wholesalers and the individual customers. The company has two different online merchant centers for providing services to its business-to-business clients and retail clients respectively. Currently, Zeus provides two delivery options for its Irish retail channel including “free delivery” and “2 Day Delivery” on orders received before 15:00. However, its UK delivery options differ than that of its Irish equivalent, with “free delivery” option, it also offers “next day delivery” on all the orders received before 15:00 to its UK customers.
Community & Corporate Social Responsibility
Zeus has been partnered with Irish Cancer Society, CMRF (Children Medical & Research Foundation) Crumlin, Carrs Billington UK, and StarShip Foundation Supported to help support the major causes such as breast cancer awareness and organising funds for sick children, patients in Ireland, the UK, and New Zealand.
- The Irish Times. (2008, August 25). Zeus Packaging acquires two firms for almost €19m. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.irishtimes.com/business/zeus-packaging-acquires-two-firms-for-almost-19m-1.934177
- Irish Franchise Awards 2017 finalists announced. (2017, April 17). Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://mediahq.com/story/pr1/179737/irish-franchise-awards-2017-finalists-announced.html
- C., Quinn. (2018, February 26). Best Managed Companies | Shortlisted companies 2018 | Deloitte Ireland. Retrieved June 31, 2018, from https://www2.deloitte.com/ie/en/pages/best-managed-companies/articles/BMC_shortlistedcompanies2018_deloitteIreland.html
- Hennessy, M. (2012, September 17). Packaging company projects €100m in revenue next year. Retrieved October 31, 2018, from http://www.thejournal.ie/zeus-packaging-602063-Sep2012/
- B. (2012, September 18). Agriculture. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.businessworld.ie/agricultural-news/O-Sullivan-s-Zeus-buys-Russel-Will-24041.html
- Weston, C. (2007, May 08). Zeus buys Dublin packaging firm. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/zeus-buys-dublin-packaging-firm-25995488.html
- I., Business. (2012, December 03). Zeus buys paper cup manufacturer for €1m. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.independent.ie/business/irish/zeus-buys-paper-cup-manufacturer-for-1m-26316831.html
- Examiner, I. (2008, August 24). Zeus purchase boosts presence in Britain. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/zeus-purchase-boosts-presence-in-britain-70645.html
- B. (n.d.). Zeus Packaging Australia Pty Limited. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from http://www.bizdb.co.nz/company/9429042474494/
- Asher, J. (2018, January 03). Zeus Packaging set for 97,500-sq-ft Biggleswade depot. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from http://www.thecomet.net/news/business/zeus-packaging-set-for-97-500-sq-ft-biggleswade-depot-1-5341478
- G. (2018, January 28). G Park Biggleswade Unit 1. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from http://gazeley.com/property/g-park-biggleswade-unit-1/
- Weir, M. (2018, May 15). £1.7m Mallusk site for sale with 10-year lease agreed. Retrieved June 01, 2018, from https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/17m-mallusk-site-for-sale-with-10year-lease-agreed-36906239.html
- Packaging, Z. (2016, September 15). Business, Household & Hospitality Essentials Direct | Zeus. Retrieved June 01, 2018, from https://www.zeuspackaging.com/ie
- Packaging, Z. (2016, September 15). MORE THAN JUST A PACKAGING COMPANY. Retrieved June 01, 2018, from https://www.zeuspackaging.net/ie.
- Checkout. "Zeus Packaging To Create 80 New Jobs As Part Of €27m Investment | Checkout". Checkout. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
- The Irish Times.(2008, August 25). Zeus Packaging acquires two firms for almost €19m. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.irishtimes.com/business/zeus-packaging-acquires-two-firms-for-almost-19m-1.934177
- Digby, M. C. (2017, October 21). Ireland's first toastie festival comes to Bray. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/ireland-s-first-toastie-festival-comes-to-bray-1.3253820
- Z. (2016, September 15). Irish Shipping Policy. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.zeuspackaging.com/ie/shipping-returns-policy-ie-b2c/
- Z. (2016, September 15). UK shipping Policy. Retrieved May 31, 2018, from https://www.zeuspackaging.com/uk/shipping-returns-policy/
- "CMRF Crumlin | Corporate Giving | Zeus Packaging go Purple for Crumlin". CMRF Crumlin. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
- "Carrs Billington critters support seriously ill children - WellChild". WellChild. 2018-05-30. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
- "AgriHQ". agrihq.co.nz. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
This article "Zeus (company)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zeus (company). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.