Zoltán Oszkár SZÁNTÓ
Zoltán Oszkár SZÁNTÓ (born 6 April 1963) is a Hungarian Professor of Economic Sociology (Ph.D. Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest) at the Institute of Sociology and Social Policy, Corvinus University of Budapest, where he currently serves as Vice Rector for Education and the Head of the Social Futuring Research Center.
|Born||April 6, 1963|
|Alma mater||Corvinus University of Budapest|
|Occupation||Professor and Vice- Rector|
|Title of qualification||Ph.D. (1992), Dr. Habil (2002)|
|Family status||Married, two daughters|
Zoltán Oszkár Szántó holds an MA in Economics with Sociology from Corvinus University of Budapest (Hungary, 1987), and completed his doctoral studies in Sociology (Hungary, 1992). He received the degree “Dr. Habil.” with the specification in Sociology (Hungary, 2002).
His main areas of interest are social theory and economic sociology. He has written books and articles on the problems of analytical social theory, such as rationality, micro-macro social mechanisms, and interdisciplinarity. His empirical studies of privatization, local labor markets, economic organization, financial culture, corruption and tax evasion have often focused on social capital, networks, trust and organizational culture.
He works as instructor of several Hungarian courses such as Introduction to Sociological Theory, Social Research Models, History of Sociology, Analytical Sociological and Political Theory, Sociological Theory (Ph.D); furthermore an English course titled Analytical Social Theory (Ph.D). Besides teaching activities, he has led many research projects in different fields, such as TAMOP, OTKA, EU-FP 7, Erasmus Mundus, etc.
He is the Head of the Social Futuring Center. The main objectives of this Center are to develop the conceptual and normative framework of social futuring studies, to construct the Social Futuring Index (SFI) and to manage the ConNext 2050 research project. He is presently exploring the analytical and conceptual framework of social futuring and the methodology of the Social Futuring Index.
- 2012 - present: Vice-Rector for Education, Corvinus University of Budapest
- 2005 - present: Professor of Economic Sociology, Corvinus University of Budapest, Institute of Sociology and Social Policy
- 2017 - present: Head of Social Futuring Center at Corvinus University of Budapest
- 2000-2004: Dean, Budapest University of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences
- 1995-2000: Vice-Dean, Budapest University of Economics, Faculty of Social Sciences
- "Institute of Sociology and Social Policy, Corvinus University, Budapest - Home". web.uni-corvinus.hu (in magyar). Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "VICE-RECTORS". Corvinus University of Budapest. Corvinus University of Budapest. Retrieved 3 May 2018.
- "CONNEXT – Társadalmi Jövőképesség Kutatóközpont | Budapesti Corvinus Egyetem Egyetemi Könyvtár". www.lib.uni-corvinus.hu. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "RESEARCH FELLOWS AND STAFF". Connext Social Futuring Centre. Connext Social Futuring Centre.
- "A társadalmak jövőképességét kutatják magyar szakemberek". Infostart.hu (in magyar). Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "News". www.uni-corvinus.hu. Retrieved 2018-05-06.
- "Oktatói önéletrajz megjelenítő". portal.uni-corvinus.hu. Retrieved 2018-05-03.
- "ConNext 2050". ResearchGate. Retrieved 2018-05-06.
- Greenroom. "Connext 2050". Connext 2050 (in magyar). Retrieved 2018-05-06.
This article "Zoltán Oszkár Szántó" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Zoltán Oszkár Szántó. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.