Étoilé CVS screenshot showing Azalea plus the MenuServer and the dock, with the Nesedah theme.
0.4.2 / 11 April 2012
Search Étoilé on Amazon.
Étoilé (French for starry) is a GNUstep-based free software desktop environment built from the ground up on highly modular and light components with project and document orientation in mind, in order to allow users to create their own workflow by reshaping or recombining provided services (applications), and other components.
Étoilé avoids many of the conventional desktop metaphors in favor of a higher-level representation of objects. This helps it represent objects that are not traditionally mapped onto files, such as people. Étoilé also hopes to avoid the inflexibility of file names and hierarchies by allowing users to tag objects and maintain a collection of objects (instead of relying on folders).
The project's goals are:
- Light, focused applications.
- Fast, simple data sharing between tasks and documents, with few context switches, such as between applications, between windows, and using selection.
- Facility to composite, layout unrelated elements in first-class objects like documents, folders, etc.
- Work flow based on project-inspired management (versioning, indexing, sharing)
- Assistant technology similar to Apple Newton's approach.
The project cooperates with the GNUstep project. It provides frameworks, human interface guidelines and documentation to permit GNUstep developers to easily develop Étoilé compliant applications (called "services") (see Services menu).
Other articles of the topic Free and open-source software : JDK Flight Recorder, git-machete, Pingus, MAFIAAFire Redirector, Blob Wars (series), ShareLaTeX, Next.js
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Comparison of X Window System desktop environments
- Frugalware, a Slackware-based Linux distribution featuring Étoilé
- MidnightBSD, a FreeBSD derivative using Étoilé
- Overview of Étoilé
- "Étoilé Ohloh Overview and Stats". Retrieved 2007-08-09.
- "The Étoilé Project Feasibility Study User Approval Research". Archived from the original on 2013-02-10. Retrieved 2007-08-09. Unknown parameter
- Official website
- Etoile Project Releases Mac-Like Environment
- FLOSS Weekly interview with programmers of the project
This article "Étoilé" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Étoilé. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.