100 Happy Days
100 Happy Days is a challenge where one has to take picture of at least one happy thing about the day and post it online with the hashtag "#100HappyDays" consecutively for 100 days. Ukrainian and Zurich resident Dmitry Golubnichy started the initiative #100HappyDays in fall of 2013.
Dmitry found himself in a slump and his friends pointed that his life was great. He then thought of an idea to keep himself happy for the next 100 days and decided to find at least one picture everyday that made him happy.
This led to the foundation of the movement “#100HappyDays” which became very popular on social media. On the first day of the website launch of the website 100happydays.com, Dmitry received around 5000 registrations.
United Nations encouraged people for the #100happydays challenge and set 20 March as the International Day of Happiness.
UN received donations in United Nations Foundations and 100HappyDays Foundation. UN distributed books with 100 most inspirational happiness moments shared across the world during the global happiness marathon.
Usage by Celebrities
Trisha Krishnan the South Indian actress after calling off her engagement to the businessman Varun Manian took up the 100HappyDays challenge and tweeted “I've just signed up for the 100HappyDays challenge! Can you be happy for 100 days in a row?” She also tweeted her picture with caption “I choose happiness n love. N on that note I begin....#100happydays.”
In Emmy Rossum and Paul Wesley’s premier of the Indie film Before I Disappear, Rossum took a picture and upload on Instagram with the caption “#100happydays reuniting with childhood friends makes me happy #4happychicks” where she met with her childhood friends.
- "Viral happiness: The #100HappyDays challenge". Rappler. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- Maasik, Alexander (2016-01-26). "How to Come Home Happy While Succeeding at Your Job". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "Come essere felici: 4 progetti online - Wired.it". Wired (in italiano). 2014-02-14. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "#100happydays: la felicidad es gratis". Nokton Magazine (in español). 2015-08-18. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "The daily delights of the 100-day happiness challenge". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- McGrath, Morgan. "What's the "100 Happy Days" challenge?". Hawk Eye. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- Duerson, Meena Hart. "#100happydays: Meet the man spreading joy via social media". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "The United Nations Foundation and 100happydays celebrate the International Day of Happiness by challenging the world to be happy for 100 days in a row". PRWeb. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "Trisha is living it up post breakup - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "Dan Ewing shows off buff figure as he cuddles up to pregnant wife". Mail Online. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- Yagoda, Maria. "#100DepressedDays: What My Personal Blog Taught Me About Accepting My Depression". Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- Hart, Anna (2015-07-17). "Is gratitude the new attitude?". NZ Herald. ISSN 1170-0777. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "Projeto online desafia você a postar diariamente fotos sobre felicidade - Notícias - Tecnologia". Tecnologia (in português). Retrieved 2017-12-07.
This article "100 Happy Days" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.