2012 Opunake earthquake
|Lua error in Module:Location_map at line 485: Unable to find the specified location map definition. Neither "Module:Location map/data/New Zealand" nor "Template:Location map New Zealand" exists.|
|Date *||3 July 2012, 10:36 pm NZST (UTC+12:00)|
|Magnitude||6.5 ML; 6.3 Mw|
|Depth||254 kilometres (158 mi)|
|Epicenter||Lua error: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Areas affected||New Zealand|
|* Deprecated||See documentation.|
On 3 July 2012 at 10:36 pm (10:36 UTC), an earthquake struck off the coast of New Zealand's North Island. New Zealand's GeoNet reported a magnitude of 6.5 (ML), whereas the United States Geological Survey reported a magnitude 6.3 (MW). The earthquake was felt throughout New Zealand.
The earthquake was followed by an aftershock of magnitude 4.6 at around 10:45 pm.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "GeoNet - Quakes". www.geonet.org.nz. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- "M6.3 - Cook Strait, New Zealand". earthquake.usgs.gov. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Radio NZ. "Major quake felt in parts of NZ".
- Stuff.co.nz. "7.0 earthquake hits New Zealand".
- New Zealand Herald (3 July 2012). "Large earthquake felt across NZ". The New Zealand Herald.
- GNS Science. "New Zealand Earthquake Report - Jul 3 2012 at 10:45 pm (NZST)".
[edit | edit source]
This article "2012 Opunake earthquake" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage 2012 Opunake earthquake/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.