2019 NCAA Division I FBS football season
|2019 NCAA Division I FBS season|
|Number of teams||130|
|Duration||August 29, 2019 – December 14, 2019|
|Duration||December 21, 2019 – January 13, 2020|
|AP Poll No. 1||TBD|
|Coaches Poll No. 1||TBD|
|College Football Playoff|
|2020 College Football Playoff National Championship|
New Orleans, Louisiana
|Division I FBS football seasons|
The 2019 NCAA Division I FBS football season is the 151st season of college football competition in the United States at the highest level organized by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The Regular season will begin on August 29, 2019 and is scheduled to end on December 14, 2019. The postseason will conclude on January 13, 2020 with the 2020 College Football Playoff National Championship at Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. This is the Sixth season of the College Football Playoff championship system.
- 1 Rule changes
- 2 Conference Realignment
- 3 Other headlines
- 4 Updated Stadiums
- 5 Kickoff Games
- 6 Regular Season Top 10 Matchups
- 7 Conference standings
- 8 Postseason
- 9 Awards and Honors
- 10 Rankings
- 11 Coaching Changes
- 12 Television viewers and ratings
- 13 See also
- 14 Notes
- 15 References
|School||Former conference||New conference|
Liberty completes a two-year transition from FCS To FBS and fully becomes bowl eligible beginning with the 2019 season and will remain an NCAA Division I FBS Independent.
- Iowa is currently rebuilding the north end zone of Kinnick Stadium. The $89.9 million upgrade will feature the adddition of box seating, outdoor club seating a new scoreboard. The entire project is nearing Compeletion and it is expected to be finished in time for the 2019 Iowa Hawkeyes season opener in either Late August or early September 2019..
The Regular season will begin on August 29, 2019
Regular Season Top 10 Matchups
|Template:2019 Mid-American football standings|
|Template:2019 Mountain West Conference football standings||
|Template:2019 NCAA Division I FBS independent football standings|
Awards and Honors
CFP final rankings
Preseason and In-season
The is restricted to coaching changes taking place on or after May 1, 2019. For coaching changes that occurred earlier in 2019, see 2018 NCAA Division I FBS end-of-season coaching changes.
End of season
This list includes coaching changes announced during the season that did not take effect until the end of the season.
Television viewers and ratings
Most watched regular season games
- 2019 NCAA Division I FCS football season
- 2019 NCAA Division II football season
- 2019 NCAA Division III football season
- 2019 NAIA football season
- "Kinnick House Near Completion City Looks To Add Regulations". KWWL.com. September 20, 2018. Retrieved September 20, 2018.
This article "2019 NCAA Division I FBS football season" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:2019 NCAA Division I FBS football season. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.