Aaj Ka Daur
This media article uses IMDb for verification. IMDb may not be a reliable source for film and television information and is generally only cited as an external link. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (June 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Aaj Ka Daur|
|File:Aaj Ka Daur.jpg|
|Directed by||K. Bapayya|
|Produced by||Chintapalli Prasad|
|Written by||Kader Khan (dialogues)|
|Starring||Jackie Shroff |
|Music by||Bappi Lahiri|
|Edited by||V. R. Kotagiri|
Sree Kanakadurga Art Productions
Search Aaj Ka Daur on Amazon.
Aaj Ka Daur (English: Today's Era) is a 1985 Hindi-language film directed by K. Bapayya. Starring Jackie Shroff, Padmini Kolhapure, Aruna Irani, Kader Khan, it is a remake of 1981 Tamil film Kudumbam Oru Kadambam. According to Pratiksha Mestry of Mid Day, Aaj Ka Daur, along with Himmatwala (1983), is Khan's first attempt at comedy. For his work, Khan received a nomination for the Best Performance in a Comic Role at the 33rd Filmfare Awards.
This film is about a university graduate Jackie Shroff, who can get no better job than a petrol pump employee, a girl Padmini Kolhapure, who is struggling to pay for college, and others in a building owned by Prem Chopra, who attempts to evict them with the help of Shakti Kapoor.
- Jackie Shroff as Raja
- Padmini Kolhapure as Durga Agnihotri
- Prem Chopra as Fakirchand
- Nirupa Roy as Laxmi Agnihotri
- Kader Khan as Vishwapratap Gyandeo Agnihotri
- Shakti Kapoor as Leo
- Aruna Irani
- Sachin Pilgaonkar as Pratap Kapoor
- Shoma Anand as Sharda Kapoor
- Raj Kiran as Rambabu Dard
Composed by Bappi Lahiri, the soundtrack includes the following songs:
|1||"Hum Tujh Par Hi Shaida Hue Hain"||Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar|
|2||"Gori Gori Gori"||Asha Bhosle, Kishore Kumar|
|3||"Petrol Bharo"||Kishore Kumar, Alka Yagnik|
|4||"Shanivaar Tak Woh"||Asha Bhosle, Shabbir Kumar|
|5||"Yeh Daur Aaj Ka Daur"||K. J. Yesudas|
|Award||Category||Recipient(s) and nominee(s)||Result||Ref.|
|Filmfare Awards||Best Performance in a Comic Role||Kader Khan||Nominated|||
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1999). Encyclopedia of Indian Cinema. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-135-94318-9. Search this book on
- Mestry, Pratiksha (22 October 2020). "Did you know Kader Khan started his career as a professor?". mid-day. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
His first attempt at comedy was with Himmatwala and Aaj Ka Daur.
- Arunachalam, Param (2020). BollySwar: 1981 - 1990. Mavrix Infotech Private Limited. p. 519. ISBN 978-81-938482-2-7. Search this book on
- "Aaj Ka Daur". Bombay: The City Magazine (12). Living Media India. 1986. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
- "The Nominations - 1986". Filmfare. The Times Group. Archived from the original on 14 October 2007. Retrieved 11 November 2020.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Aaj Ka Daur" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Aaj Ka Daur. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.