Abdullah Azam Khan
Abdullah Azam Khan
Abdullah with Akhilesh
|Member, Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly|
|Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Muhammad Kazim Ali Khan|
|Political party||Samajwadi Party|
|Alma mater||Uttar Pradesh Technical University|
Abdullah Azam Khan is an Indian politician and a member of the 17th Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh. He represents the Suar constituency of Uttar Pradesh's Rampur district and is a member of the Samajwadi Party. He is son of senior Samajwadi Party leader Azam Khan.
Early life and education[edit | edit source]
He was born as a son of senior Samajwadi Party leaders Azam Khan (MP) and Tazeen Fatma (MP, Rajya Sabha). He completed his Bachelor of Technology from Uttar Pradesh Technical University and Master of Technology from Galgotias University in 2015.
Political career[edit | edit source]
He became a MLA in 2017. He represents Rampur district's Suar constituency and is a member of the Samajwadi Party. However a local RSS leader Aakash Saxena filed a complaint alleging Abdullah had obtained multiple birth certificate to increase his age to the eligibility limit for contesting state assembly elections. On basis of this complaint, upon investigation by the Rampur district magistrate found Abdullah guilty of faking his date of birth to contest polls. The report was sent to the election commission. In January 2019, Saxena further lodged a case of forgery in the birth certificate case at a local police station. Recently in the month of March, the UP high court stayed the arrest of Abdullah and his father Azam Khan and mother Tazeen Fatma until the probe was completed by the police.
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Priyangi Agarwal (11 March 2017). "Father Azam beats rumours, son Abdullah royals for twin wins - Uttar-Pradesh - Elections 2017 - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Agarwal, Priyangi (11 March 2017). "Father Azam beats rumours, son Abdullah royals for twin wins". The Times of India. The News Network. Retrieved 3 July 2019.
- "Mohammad Abdullah Azam Khan(Samajwadi Party(SP)):Constituency- SUAR(RAMPUR) - Affidavit Information of Candidate:". myneta.info.
- Feeds, P. T. I. (11 March 2017). "Azam Khan retains Rampur, son Abdullah wins Swar Tanda seat". India.com.
- "SP leader Azam Khan's son Abdulllah found guilty of faking date of birth in election nomination paper". DNA India. 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
- "Allahabad HC stays arrest of SP's Azam Khan, his wife and son in forgery case". DNA India. 2019-03-28. Retrieved 2019-04-16.
Others articles of the Topics India AND Uttar Pradesh : Jitendra Verma Jeetu, Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University, Preeti Chobey, Uttar Pradesh
Others articles of the Topics India AND Politics : Chief Electoral Officer, West Bengal, Swarna Bharat Party, Bahujan Azad Party
Others articles of the Topic India : Trishna Mukherjee, Yogesh Dattatraya Gosavi, Laila Majnu (2018 film), Anil Kumar Bhalla, Lenskart, Swarna Bharat Party, Bombay, Jersey City
Others articles of the Topic Uttar Pradesh : Lucknow, Jitendra Verma Jeetu, Preeti Chobey, Uttar Pradesh, Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University
Others articles of the Topic Politics : Jasper Goodwill, Dudley A. Guglielmo, One people under one God, Harriet Belchic, Woody Freeman, Fatuma Gedi, Lőrinc Mészáros
This article "Abdullah Azam Khan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Abdullah Azam Khan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.