Script error: No such module "Draft topics". Script error: No such module "AfC topic".
Educationist, social work and politics
|🏡 Home town||Ballia, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|🏛️ Political party||Samajwadi Party|
Rai was handpicked by Akhilesh Yadav for the role as SP spokesperson. Rai and Yadav had become close friends in the mid-1990s, during Yadav's student days in Mysore. After the electoral debacle of 2009, Rai was inducted into the inner core of the party leadership. Based in Bangalore, he ran a number of educational institutions in Karnataka - eleven colleges in Bangalore and a pharmacy college. In addition to his role as National Secretary of the party, he was placed in charge of the party organization in Karnataka. He was a chief guest at the 8th Garshom Awards ceremony, held in Kuwait in 2011.
Rai was brought up to Uttar Pradesh for the 2012 Legislative Assembly election, and appeared prominently in many media outlets during the election campaign. However, he was suspended from his post as SP party secretary in 2012. Rai's removal occurred just after Yadav had been elected as the leader of SP in the UP legislature. The suspension was motivated by a statement by Rai on Aaj Tak which had angered Azam Khan, a leader of the 'old guard' within the party. Rai denied the accusations against him, and was reinstated in his posts in the party leadership after a four month period.
By 2013, Rai remained identified as a member 'Team Akilesh' within the party and was selected as the SP candidate for the Ghosi seat in the 2014 Indian general election. Rai was added to the list of SP candidates replacing former parliamentarian Balkrishna Chauha. At the time, no rationale was publicly offered by the party as to why Chauha was replaced by Rai as the SP candidate. With a declared fortune of 165.5 million Indian rupees, Rai was noted as tenth richest candidate in the impoverished eastern UP region. Rai obtained 165,887 votes (16%).
- "Rajeev Kumar Rai(Samajwadi Party(SP)):Constituency- GHOSI(UTTAR PRADESH) - Affidavit Information of Candidate:". myneta.info.
- "सड़क दुर्घटना में सपा के राष्ट्रीय सचिव व उनकी मां घायल". Amar Ujala.
- Economic Times. BJP comfortably placed as SP, BSP hardly visible in UP
- Indian Express. Akhilesh removes his chosen man
- India Today. Team Akhilesh
- Indian Express. 2014 LS polls: SP sets sights on Karnataka
- OneIndia. अखिलेश ने राजीव राय को किया पार्टी से बेदखल
- Udayavani. ಸಮಾಜವಾದಿ ಪಕ್ಷದ ಪಟ್ಟಿ ಪ್ರಕಟ
- New Indian Express. SP aims to do a UP in Karnataka
- NDTV. अखिलेश ने राजीव राय को राष्ट्रीय सचिव पद से हटाया
- Times of India. NRIs in Kuwait receive prestigious award
- Hindustan Times. Akhilesh suspends aide for 'overboard statements'
- DelhiMarch 12, India Today Online New; March 12, 2012UPDATED; Ist, 2012 10:01. "SP removes Akhilesh aide Rajiv Rai for anti-party activities". India Today.
- Indian Express. SP changes five LS candidates
- Jagran. राजीव राय फिर बने सपा के राष्ट्रीय सचिव व प्रवक्ता
- Times of India. SP replaces 5 candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- UNI. http://www.uniindia.com/former-mp-expelled-from-bsp-in-up/north/news/1492628.html Former MP expelled from BSP in UP
- Zee News. SP announces new candidates for five Lok Sabha sea
- Daily Siasat. 19 seats and 93 crorepatis in abjected eastern Uttar Pradesh
- Aaj Tak. घोसी के रण में राय बनाम राजभर, जातीय समीकरण से किसकी होगी नैया पार
- UNI. SP leader severely injured in road mishap
- News 18. मऊ: सड़क हादसे में गंभीर रूप से घायल हुए सपा नेता राजीव राय
|This article about an Indian politician is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Rajeev Rai" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Rajeev Rai. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.