|Sh. Abhishek Dutt|
|Edit this InfoBox|
New Delhi, India31 May 1979
|Occupation||Political leader, Theatre personality, Educationist, Businessman|
|Assumed office |
May 2017, (1st Term - May 2012- May 2017)
|Preceded by||Self (2nd term as Councillor), Savita Gupta before first term|
|Constituency||Andrews Ganj (Ward 59), South Delhi Municipal Corporation|
|Leader of Party, INC in SDMC|
|Member, Medical Relief and Public Health Committee, SDMC|
|Member, Law & General Purpose Committee SDMC|
|Member, Standing Committee- 2017-18, SDMC|
|Member, Organising Committee, Commonwealth Games (2010)|
|Personal Office- L-7,Lajpat Nagar-3,New Delhi- 110024|
|Contact- +911141716000, +91 9873500001, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Children||Zahaan Dutt, 3 years|
|Father||Mrs. Parveen Dutt (Mother), Mr. Kamal. K. Dutt|
|Residence||Jungpura, Delhi, India|
|Alma mater||Air Force Bal Bharti School, Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, EIILM University|
|Awards||Politician of the Year Award-2018**|
|Political party||Indian National Congress, Permanent Member, AICC|
Abhishek was born and educated in Delhi .
- 1 Political Journey
- 2 Work Done as Councillor
- 3 Felicitations
Political Journey[edit | edit source]
Abhishek, an office-bearer of INC, manages the tasks related to Andrews Ganj constituency and his other public commitments from his office in Lajpat Nagar.
Student Leader- National Students Union of India[edit | edit source]
Abhishek joined student politics at his university and enrolled in the student wing “National Students Union of India” Indian National Congress. He won the Central Councillor Election of Delhi University in the year 1997-98 and this marked the start of his political career. He also held positions of General Secretary, Delhi State (NSUI) (2004-05), Vice President, Delhi State (NSUI) (2005-06), member of the governing body at Gargi College, Delhi University, general secretory governing body, Shahid Sukhdev Colllege of Business studies, thereafter becoming President NSUI, for his college.
Mainstream National Politics[edit | edit source]
At the age of 32, Indian National Congress, nominated Abhishek, as congress candidate for the Sounth De;hi's Andrews Ganj constituency *. Abhishek won this seat *. Abhishek won this seat and gave a tough fight to BJP, which had been winning this seat for last 35 years. In 2017, he was re-elected from a Andrews Ganj constituency, which this time included more suburbs.
Along with his responsibilities as Councillor, he has, from time to time, served in other extended roles for his party and MCD. He was member of core standing committee of SDMC for 2017-18.
During the 2013 Delhi assembly elections, Abhishek served as the member of publicity committee DPCC and was appointed as as the spokesperson for DPCC in 2016. He also held the portfolio of health in the shadow committee; constituted by Sh Ajay Maken (President, DPCC) and served as the leader of congress party in municipal corporation in 2017-18. In the last inter-organization elections of the INC, Abhishek was nominated as a delegate from DPCC. He leg the "Sankalp Tiranga Yatra 2017". *
Work Done as Councillor[edit | edit source]
SDMC is serving the population of almost 56 Lacs citizen with a responsibility of monitoring, upgrading and developing civic amenities efficiently with a view to create a better tomorrow for citizens of Delhi. The responsibilities are fulfilled through a citizen-government partnerships. The business-as-usual (BAU) tasks are the responsibilities of the SDMC employees. All changes to BAU as well as new projects are a shared responsibility where the employees prioritize and execute the tasks based on the guidance of the area councilors. The councilor are responsible for understanding the key requirements of the people of constituencies, building the consensus among stakeholders, strategic planning of tasks based on priorities, allocating the funds and ongoing monitoring of projects.
Andrews Ganj ward has a population of 57,685. It has some very affluent, upmarket and green suburbs in South Delhi. The population profile is quite diversified in terms of age, education, profession and incomes. Its suburbs include Gulmohar Park ~- a suburb of journalists, Defense Colony ~- a suburb of ex-service man, Ayur Vigyan Nagar- a suburb of healthcare professionals, HUDCO Place - a colony of senior government bureaucrats , Amar Colony, Dayanand Colony and East of Kailash- the colonies of SME professionals and traders and even a slum Indira Camp~. Other prominent places include Siri Fort Sports complex- a venue for international sports like 1982 Asian Games and 2010 Commonwealth Games), All India Institute of Medical Sciences, National Institute of Fashion Technology, Gargi College, Siri Fort Auditorium. This ward is home to one of the largest Cloth Wholesale markets, Amar Colony Market.
Abhishek's in his capacity as the councillor has undertaken many projects.
Enactment of Wall of Honour for war veterans[edit | edit source]
The commemorative wall or The Wall of Honour at Veer Bhumi Chowk, New Delhi is a tribute to the contribution of brave Indian soldiers who spent their lives in service to nation. Here people pay respects to the veterans and brave soldiers.
The commemorative wall completed on July 29, 2016, has 98 names including names of our gallantry award winners and names of some of the finest soldiers the country has produced, including Ashok Chakra awardee Lt Puneet Nath Dutt, the 11 Gorkha Rifles officer who died battling terrorists in 1997 when just 24 years old. Another honoree is Mahavir Chakra awardee Brigadier Joginder Singh Bakshi, who captured Bogra district in what what was then East Pakistan in 1971. It will be a live monument and names of more martyrs will be inscripted on the wall at regular intervals.
Urban Infrastructure Rejuvenation[edit | edit source]
Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM) aimed at creating ‘economically productive, efficient, equitable and responsive Cities’ by a strategy of upgrading the social and economic infrastructure in cities, provision of Basic Services to Urban Poor (BSUP) and wide-ranging urban sector reforms to strengthen municipal governance in accordance with the 74th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1992.
Delhi being a historic capital city has huge infrastructural inheritance and some of it is in form of urban infrastructure (roads, sewage system, buildings housing government offices, community halls, schools etc). But a lot of it is crumbling and needs restoration in terms of civil works, electrical and plumbing works as well as upgrade to make them more people friendly, disabled friendly and installation of air-conditioning systems etc. Road infrastructure too needs continuous enhancements of pavements, dense carpeting of roads, relocation of speed breakers and road signs, drainage as well as maintenance. Drainage system too needs continuous restoration and de-silting to increase capacity, stop overflowing and clogging during rains
In Andrews Ganj, several projects in this arena and the list includes
- Improvement of road infrastructure– re-development of “Choithram Gidwani Marg” 2.1, 2.2
- Improvement of buildings under purview of SDMC2.3, 2.4]
- Drainage system upgrade and desilting– 2.5 2.6
- Sustainability projects- Water Harvesting, solar panels on roof tops, increasing green cover via plantation drives, segregation of waste 4.1, 2.7
- Development and Beautification and Green spaces under flyovers 2.8, 2.9 2.10- redevelopment of the otherwise dirty places where people dumped garbage as green zone has not just provided for more places to relax, it has also helped in reduction of crimes as these places were earlier a nestling ground for drug addicts and petty criminals2.11. This effort has received positive feedback from the citizens.
Citizen well-being and fitness 3 [edit | edit source]
Abhishek has undertaken several projects to help better the environment of his constituency.
- Revival Parks and Green Zones Andrews Ganj is among the greenest constituencies with more than 120 parks and green zones.In last 7 years many projects were initiated for better maintenance of grass zones, creation of all-weather walkways, senior citizen friendly tracks, installation of rides and swings 3.1 3.1for children, open huts for evening shelters, sitting area including open amphitheatre, plantation of native varieties of plants.3.2
- Fitness Trail project – Under this project, the parks will be equipped with open gyms and will be divided into three types of training zones, light, medium and heavy. Each junction will have an instruction board that would carry details on exercises, age limit and directions of usage. These trails will be equipped with shoulder builder, horse rider, sky walker, taichi spinner, sit-up board and bench with fixed dumbbell, chest press dimension and cross trainer etc. These spaces will also have acupressure centres and mud tracks for joggers.
- Sports Parks 3.3 – creation of sports parks under Khelo India initiative for the young teenagers who are more interested in outdoor sports like cricket, football, badminton etc by marking some park that will have sports areas including badminton courts, football, etc.
- Health Initiatives- ensuring that people of his jurisdiction have access to quality public health services
- Dispensaries- Mobile and regular, Eye care camps, Organ Donation Drives 3.4 3.4
- Vector Borne Diseases Prevention (Dengue, Malaria, Chickengunia etc)- awareness via students 3.5, eliminating mosquito breeding by de-clogging of blocked drains, elimination of water logged areas and defogging
- Air pollution penalties on violators including the government bodies 3.6
Citizens Safety- Street Lights in every corner project 4[edit | edit source]
It is an old wisdom that "Lively neighbourhoods are safe neighbourhoods and vice versa
Illuminated spaces are natural deterrent to criminals. As citizens feel safe, they will stay outdoors till late hours, thus increasing liveliness and happiness quotient of the neighbourhood.
Energy Efficiencies Service (EESL) is a project to eliminate dark corners and enlighten every corner of the locality by installation of LED based lights in all lanes, by-lanes, markets and parks of the area thus encouraging outdoors, evening life and sports - making it truly safe and lively even for small kids and elderly.
Mentoring the Future of India[edit | edit source]
Abhishek has not only worked on restoration of school buildings and providing better infrastructure in schools, he has also personally motivated the students by organising talks on various academic and value based topic like saying no to crackers, pollution control, water conservation, water harvesting etc. 5.1, 5.2, 5.3
Smart Governance[edit | edit source]
Awareness improves efficiency of both execution and planning of citizen services. The SDMC 6is enhancing transparency and improvising efficiency in administration through e-governance for a greener and cleaner city. Abhishek as the key member of standing committee panel has been consistently using governance tools like right to Information, Smart questioning and Public interest litigation to deliver better services to people of his constituency.
Citizens Dignity[edit | edit source]
Projects to maintain and recognizing “democratic equality” for all citizens, irrespective of their money, job, education enjoy the same status in a democratic governance
- Livelihood – Abhishek organized an employment fair- Rozgaar Mela for the hundreds of the people rendered jobless after multiple shops and establishments operating in unapproved areas were sealed. This was a huge success and many found new jobs.
- Citizen Pension- Helping senior citizens of the constituency get past the tedious paperwork to secure pensions 9.2
- Privacy - Public toilets including women only toilets - Ensuring cleanliness by building public toilets and educating people about use of public toilets is another priority of government under Swachh Bharat Mission. After a plan of previous government to build toilet blocks was rejected by people and court 9.3, Abhishek developed and executed the plan to review the location of existing toilets to either build new or shift the existing public utilities like toilets ones to more relevant places and junctions to maximise usage of toilets. He also took steps to build “women only” toilets to help ladies including and mothers with infants and young children.
- Dignity for Safai Karmchaari’s 9.4- Abhishek worked towards restoring dignity of and provide better working conditions to satination staff by undertaking the steps to upgrade the crumbling drainage infrastructure after a strike by workers.
Felicitations[edit | edit source]
- By His Excellency, Former President of India, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam for executing audio re-enforcement for the World’s Largest Theatre Production: “The Legend Of Ram – Prince of India” directed by Aamir Raza Husain.
- ByHis Excellency, Former Governor of Madhya Pradesh, Dr. Balram Jakhar )then Municipal Councilor of Madhya Pradesh), for contribution towards “Prayas” to support underprivileged children
- Politician of the Year Award-2018” “for exceptional contribution in the field of Leadership and Young Activism by ‘Pratima Raksha Saman Samiti’ and “I led Change” Foundation, at National Changemakers Conclave 2018 powered by India Youth Foundation
This article "Abhishek Dutt" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Abhishek Dutt. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.