💵 Salary :
|Notable work||'Metropolis' (1992), 'Awayday' (1996), 'Yiddish Dances' (1998), 'Elements' (1998), 'Anya 17' (2012)|
Gorb read music at the University of Cambridge under Robin Holloway and Hugh Wood followed by the study of composition at the Royal Academy of Music, London, under Paul Patterson where he was awarded the Principal's Prize (1993). He was awarded a PhD from the University of Birmingham, he has taught as at the London College of Music, the Royal Academy of Music’s Junior Academy and now is Head of Composition at the Royal Northern College of Music, Manchester. His music has been performed widely across the UK and internationally, including being featured in concerts entirely showcasing his works in the UK, USA and Canada. Ensembles and artists that have performed his pieces include the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra, the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra, Ensemble 10/10, the Maggini Quartet, Rambert Dance Company, the Tokyo Kosei Wind Ensemble, the BBC Singers and the Royal Marines.
Gorb's works are published by Awayday Music Publishers, an independent company that focuses exclusively on his music.
- Winner of Purcell Composition Prize, 1995, for work 'Prelude, Interlude and Postlude'
- Winner of Josiah Parker Prize (RAM) 1993, for work 'Metropolis'
- Winner of Walter Beeler Memorial Prize (USA) 1994, for work 'Metropolis'
- Winner of British Composer Award, Wind and Brass Category, 2004, for work 'Towards Nirvana'
- Winner of British Composer Award, Wind and Brass Band Category, 2008, for work 'Adrenaline City'
- Winner of British Composer Award, Wind and Brass Band category, 2009, for work 'Farewell'
- In Solitude, For Company (2016) - for orchestra
- A Celebration (2014) - for chamber orchestra
- Serenade for Spring (2008) - for chamber orchestra
- Awakening (2006) - for orchestra 
- Clarinet Concerto (1999) - for clarinet and orchestra
- Awayday (1999) - for orchestra
- Viola Concerto (1992) - for viola and orchestra
- Let Them Play (2018) - for saxophone quartet
- String Quartet no.2 (2009) - for string quartet
- Reconciliation (1998) - for clarinet and piano
- Clarinet Sonata (1991) - for clarinet and piano
- Farewell (2009) - for wind ensemble
- Towards Nirvana (2004) - for wind ensemble
- Elements (1998) - for percussion solo and wind ensemble
- Yiddish Dances (1998) - for wind ensemble
- Euphonium Concerto (1997) - for euphonium and wind ensemble
- Ascent (1996) - for wind ensemble
- Metropolis (1993) - for wind ensemble
- "Composers | Repertoire | Tim Reynish".
Category:1958 births Category:Living people Category:British classical composers Category:20th-century classical composers Category:English composers Category:English opera composers Category:20th-century British composers
This article "Adam Gorb" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Adam Gorb. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.