Against the Grain (radio program)
Against the Grain is a syndicated Pacifica Radio program of radical ideas and action. The show originates out of the studios of KPFA-FM, the flagship station in the Pacifica Radio Network. Against the Grain focuses on in-depth analysis and commentary by political commentators on political, economic, social and cultural topics, such as environmental issues, political economics, the global justice movement, philosophical and cultural ideas, and race and gender relations.
Against the Grain was founded in March 2003 at KPFA-FM in the San Francisco Bay Area by radio journalists C.S. Soong and Sasha Lilley. The ongoing program was born from a four-part radio series co-hosted and co-produced by Soong and Lilley, entitled Free Radicals, which aimed to challenge conventional wisdom on the Left. C.S. Soong is the program's regular host and producer and Eddie Yuen, co-editor of "Confronting Capitalism: Dispatches from a Global Movement," is currently the show's associate producer. Lilley and AK Press founder Ramsey Kanaan are the program's alternate hosts.
Notable guests, interviews, and on-air debates
- Robin Blackburn – August 10, 2004
- Lisa Duggan – August 24, 2004
- Barbara Epstein, Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz, and John Sanbonmatsu – July 7, 2008
- Jane Fonda – April 26, 2005
- John Bellamy Foster – April 13, 2005
- Andrej Grubacic
- Robin D.G. Kelley – January 17, 2005
- Cindy Millstein – July 7, 2004
- Leo Panitch and Sam Gindin – August 17, 2005
- Raj Patel – June 2, 2008
- Richard Walker and Daniel Buck – June 30, 2008
- Immanuel Wallerstein – April 28 and 29, 2008
- David Harvey – November 15, 2010
- "Against the Grain – KPFA". Retrieved 2019-05-02.
|This article about a radio show or program in the United States is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Against the Grain (radio program)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Against the Grain (radio program). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.