November 2, 1977
|🎓 Alma mater||York University|
Businessman and philanthropist
|Mortgagebrokers.com, MoPals, IamAction, Pacific Mortgage Group|
|🤑 Net worth||$250 million (est.)|
Alexander Haditaghi (known as Alex Haditaghi) is a Canadian serial entrepreneur and philanthropist.
Haditaghi was born in Iran and raised in Turkey. His family immigrated as refugees to Toronto, Ontario, Canada following the death of his father. Impoverished, his family received food from The Scott Mission, a Christian-led shelter in Toronto. As a teenager, he opened and operated a hot dog cart at a local West Indian Festival. "That hot dog cart became a symbol of freedom for me," Haditaghi said in an interview with Inc. magazine. He graduated from York University in 1996.
Alex Haditaghi is the founder and chairman of Pacific Mortgage Group, which in 2011 was recognized by Profit magazine as one of Canada's fastest-growing companies. He also founded and led as CEO of MoPals.com, a publicly traded loyalty rewards company. In 2015, Haditaghi was named an Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year finalist. In 2017, Haditaghi launched IamAction as a fundraising platform for combating social injustice.
Haditaghi owns a number of lions and tigers in Toronto, Ontario, one of which shares Alex's name and is frequented by Justin Bieber. In 2012 Haditaghi made headlines in the Toronto Star for donating over 1,400 turkeys on Thanksgiving Day, distributed through a number of city homeless shelters. In 2017, the Toronto Star reported on Haditaghi's philanthropic efforts to support refugees, including giving away an apartment in New York to one refugee family from Syria. Haditaghi is the author of Softly, I Leave Her. In 2020, Haditaghi was in talks to buy Greek professional football club, Kavala F.C.
- "4 ways authentic philanthropy can give your brand a boost". New Theory magazine. Retrieved 4 October 2019.
- "Why Entrepreneurs Should Give Back All Year Long". Inc. magazine. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Profit Guide" (PDF). Profit magazine. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Pacific Mortgage Group Riding High on Profit". Mortgage Broker News. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Renaming famous Toronto landmarks no easy feat". Global News Canada. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "MoPals, Inc. CEO and Founder Alex Haditaghi Selected as Finalist for "EY Entrepreneur of the Year"". MarketWired. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Justin Bieber Pictured Playing with Lion Cub: 'He Really Cares About Conservation of These Animals,' Says Owner". People magazine. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Justin Bieber gets warning from Toronto Animal Services after appearing with lions". Global News. Retrieved 17 September 2017.
- "Justin Bieber May Adopt a Baby Lion". New York Daily News. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "Former Scott Mission Client Hands out 1400 Turkeys". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 9 June 2017.
- "A lesson in paying it forward". The Toronto Star. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Refugee family devastated by townhouse fire receives Thanksgiving miracle". Global News. Retrieved 18 April 2018.
- "Επενδυτής από το… Ιράν θέλει την Καβάλα". Sports Tonoto (Greece). Retrieved 1 April 2020.
This article "Alexander Haditaghi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alexander Haditaghi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.