Ali Rıza Babaoğlan
|Born||7 August 1986|
Ali Rıza Babaoğlan is a Turkish computer engineer and author based in Turkey.
Early life and education
After graduating from Yusuf Kalkavan Anatolian High School, Babaoğlan studied Computer Engineering at Başkent University. While studying at university, he was selected as EMEA's Top 75 Promising Young Students by IBM Europe. Subsequently, he received training at IBM Zurich Research Laboratory in Switzerland.
He represented Turkey for Information Technology and Communication areas at the European Skills Olympics in Rotterdam. After the contest, he presented his studies and projects to the queen of the Netherlands. In 2013, he joined LinkedIn and worked there as a Territory Manager for Turkish Speaking Markets.
In 2014, he represented Turkey at the European Youth Summit before European Parliament Election. Babaoğlan also worked as a volunteer of United Nations and worked on Millennium Development Goals 2015 Programme.
Babaoglan wrote the book The Effect of Social Media on the Gezi Protests, which drew considerable media attention to his work. He regularly speaks about public policy and social media in worldwide conferences.
In 2009, JCI selected him as Turkey's 10 Most Successful Young People.
Babaoglan is one of the founding members of Ali Babacan's newly formed Democracy and Progress Party.
Awards and honors
- Outstanding Young Persons of the World Turkey – 2009
- IBM EMEA, Best 75 Students of EMEA - 2008
- "Best 75 students of EMEA".
- "Welcome Ali Babaoğlan to the Shared Source OM team".
- "Turkey's First National Information Technology team". Archived from the original on 2013-05-04. Unknown parameter
- "Interview: "LinkedIn'deki işini LinkedIn'e borçlu!".
- "Genç Türk Liderlerine zirveden davet". Archived from the original on 2014-07-17. Retrieved 2016-01-16. Unknown parameter
- "ATV: AB Genç Liderler Zirvesi!".
- "UNDP's Millennium Development Goals Program".
- "Gezi Parkı Sürecine Dijital Vatandaş'ın Etkisi".
- "Good politicians must tweet good!".
- "Dijital vatandaşı memnun et oyu kap". Archived from the original on 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2016-01-16. Unknown parameter
- "Startup Forum Agenda".
- "Dijital Başkent".
- "Türkiye'nin On Başarılı Genci Ödüllendirildi!". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-01-16. Unknown parameter
- "Europe's best student talents envision the future of IT at Big Blue's Zurich Research Lab".
This article "Ali Rıza Babaoğlan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ali Rıza Babaoğlan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.