All Things Broadway
Performances[edit | edit source]
Musical theatre standards[edit | edit source]
On January 20, 2018, it performed musical theatre standards at Feinstein's/54 Below. Founder Eliyahu Kheel and Julian Mendoza, a student at the Music Theatre Program at Arizona State University sang "What You Own" from Rent. Mr. Mendoza also sang “Gethsemane” from Jesus Christ Superstar.
Miscast[edit | edit source]
Carner and Gregor's Island Song[edit | edit source]
On June 19 and June 26, 2018, it performed Carner and Gregor’s Island Song about five New Yorkers at the Davenport Theatre Loft. Eliyahu crowded-funded $4,000 out of the $5,000 production cost. The cast was Matthew Billman as Will, Stephanie Michele Toups as Jordan, Darren Cementina as Cooper, Anna Harris as Caroline, and Kira Leiva as Shoshana. The director was Keira Todd. The producer was Eliyahu Kheel. The music director was Macy Schmidt.
Origins[edit | edit source]
All Things Broadway started as a Facebook group. Currently it is the largest Facebook group, with over 62,000 members that include theatre fans and stars. Eliyahu Kheel founded the group in 2014. He formed the group because his friends were annoyed with his up to ten daily Broadway postings, never expected it to grow beyond a hundred members and is currently reaching out to the professional Broadway community.
References[edit | edit source]
- Music News Desk (June 16, 2018), "All Things Broadway Presents Carner & Gregor's ISLAND SONG at the Davenport Theatre Loft", Broadway World, New York City, New York: Wisdom Digital Media, retrieved September 21, 2018
- Leggett, Kate (January 17, 2018), "Q & A with All Things Broadway Community Member Julian Mendoza", Show-Score, New York City, New York: F-101, retrieved September 24, 2018
- "All Things Broadway: Miscast", City Guide, New York City, New York: Davler Media Group, 2018, retrieved September 27, 2018
- Robinson, Mark (June 14, 2018), "Island Song: Crowd-Funded New Musical to Sing June 19 and 26", Mark Robinson Writes, New York City, New York, retrieved September 24, 2018
- "Island Song Concert - Nov. 12th (Mon) @ 7pm", Island Song, New York City, New York: Carner and Gregor, retrieved September 21, 2018
- "Ten Questions with Eliyahu Kheel, founder of All Things Broadway", BroadwayWiz.com, Flushing, New York, July 25, 2017, retrieved September 21, 2018
[edit | edit source]
This article "All Things Broadway" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or its subpage All Things Broadway/edithistory. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.