|Occupation||Wedding planner, media personality|
|Spouse(s)||Jon Luke Forstmann|
|Relatives||Lynne Spears (cousin)|
Britney Spears (second cousin)
Jamie Lynn Spears (second cousin)
Alli Sims (born July 15, 1981) is an American media personality, singer, as well as second cousin and former assistant to Britney Spears. She is now a wedding planner in the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, area.
Alli Sims was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on July 15, 1981. She is a relative of Lynne Spears, Bryan Spears, Britney Spears, and Jamie Lynn Spears. Sims' great-aunt is married to Lynne's father. This makes Sims and Lynne first cousins once removed and second cousins with Bryan, Britney, and Jamie. Before getting married, Sims had been linked with Jason Kennedy, a reporter for the E! Network. On January 22, 2011, Sims married Luke Forstmann. On July 14, 2011, the couple had daughter Allegra Theodora Forstmann. The family lives in Louisiana.
Relationship with Britney Spears
When Britney began experiencing mental health issues in 2007, their relationship became strained. When Britney was hospitalized, Sims went to New York for a "girls weekend." She received criticism for the trip, and in response Sims stated, "I had plans for a girls weekend, and my friends had already flown to town to meet up with me. Yes, I continued with my plans that included going to dinner and a club. How was I to predict what would happen when I was gone?" The two were rumored to have had a falling out, to which she replied, "As far as having a falling out with anyone, that is simply not true. I love Britney Spears, and care way more about her well-being than any of these strangers making these claims."
After Britney's father James Spears gained conservatorship over Britney, he cut contact between Britney and Alli Sims. The estrangement was the cause of speculation and reports in the media. The two have not had a public reconciliation since the estrangement in 2007.
Sims began piano lessons at age four, followed soon after by singing lessons. After hearing one of Sims' songs, Britney encouraged her to pursue a music career. In 2007, Sims released an EP of On My Own, a cover of the Les Miserables song. Sims described the cover as "more of a filler song until I get my new stuff recorded. Honestly, we put that one up there [on her website] because all the other ones I had put down in the past had a little more of a country vibe, and I do not want to go there at all." Sims worked with music producers Evan Bogart and J.R. Rotem to compile an album.
In 2009, Sims released a single called "Driving Blind." The single was about Britney and missing her after their estrangement. Perez Hilton reviewed a sneak peek of the track, calling it "shiteous." At that time, Sims stated that there were no solid plans for touring dates. Rolling Stone called Sims "a naive [social] climber with hopes of releasing her own album."
- "Britney Spears & Alli Sims Are 'Cousins Through Marriage'". Pop Dirt. 9 Sep 2007. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Grigoriadis, Vanessa (29 Mar 2011). "The Tragedy of Britney Spears: Rolling Stone's 2008 Cover Story". Rolling Stone. Retrieved 11 January 2015.
- "Alli Sims Has a Baby Girl". People Magazine. 20 Sep 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Britney Spears' assistant Alli Sims gives birth to baby girl". Daily Mail. 29 Aug 2011. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Wedding and Event Planning". Alli Sims Weddings And Events. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Weiss, Mindy (2008). The Wedding Book: The Big Book for Your Big Day. Workman Publishing. p. 465. ISBN 9780761139607.
- "Alli Sims Weddings & Events". The Knot. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Alli Sims Weddings & Events". Martha Stewart Weddings. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Alli Sims Welcomes First Child: Allegra Theodora". Celebrity Baby Scoop. 23 Aug 2011. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Jager, Phyllis (2008). The Truth about Britney Spears. Lulu.com. p. 296. ISBN 9781435714458.
- "Alli Sims: I Didn't Ditch Britney Spears!". The Hollywood Gossip. 9 Jan 2008. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- Harmsworth, Andrei (4 Jun 2009). "Britney 'cut off' by father's control". Metro UK. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Alli Sims Biography". The Hollywood Gossip. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Alli Sims reveals all about her time with Britney". Today. 3 Jun 2009. Retrieved 29 December 2014.
- "Alli Sims drives on". 225 Magazine. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- Margaret, Mary (1 Aug 2007). "Britney's 'Cousin' Alli on Her Pop Career & Spears's Kids". People. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Access Exclusive: Alli Sims Opens Up About Life With Britney Spears". Access Hollywood. 3 June 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Warning! "Cousin" Alli Sims Drops Shiteous New Single". Perez Hilton. 29 Apr 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
- "Alli Sims Readies New Single May 5th". Pop Dirt. 14 Apr 2009. Retrieved 7 December 2014.
This article "Alli Sims" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Alli Sims. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.