|Motto||The Route to 100% Literacy|
|Founded||October 3, 2017|
|Type||Online Scholarship Platform|
Around one in every four children that enroll in school in Bangladesh end up dropping out before achieving literacy. These children stop attending school in order to work and support their families. The AlterYouth Scholarship is a TK 800 per month scholarship that is received by the student’s mother, contingent of the student maintaining 65% marks and attendance in class.
AlterYouth keeps a TK 150 scholarship management fee every month bringing the total scholarship amount to TK 950 per month. When a scholarship starts, the mother is provided an active mobile phone with a bKash account, where the money is transferred every month. The benefactor receives a copy of the bKash statements every month and receives the student’s school report cards every four months. The scholarship ends after the student finishes 5th grade and receives his/her primary school certificate and a copy is also mailed to the benefactor.
- "GP Accelerator receives batch 4 as batch 3 departs". The Daily Star.
- "Grameenphone Accelerator Receives Batch 4 As Batch 3 Departs". SDAsia.
- "GPA receives batch 4 as batch 3 departs". New Age | The Outspoken Daily.
- "AlterYouth receives 2018 Asia Pacific SDG Enterprise Award". UNDP | Youth Co:Lab.
- "Yearly Report by the Directorate of Primary Education, Peoples Republic of Bangladesh. (2015)" (PDF). Ministry of Primary and Mass Education Bangladesh.
This article "AlterYouth" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:AlterYouth. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.