Amit S Sharma
Amit S Sharma
|Amit S Sharma|
|Born||Amit S. Sharma|
|🏳️ Nationality||United States|
|🏫 Education||Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of Engineering|
|🎓 Alma mater||Duke University, VJTI University of Mumbai|
Founder and CEO of Narvar Inc
|👩 Spouse(s)||Cora Sharma|
|👶 Children||Two daughters, one son|
Amit Sharma is a Technology CEO and investor. He is the founder & CEO of Narvar.
Early Life and Education
Amit was born in Nagpur, a town in the state of Maharashtra, India. He was raised within a small, secluded community. He grew up with the same 25 classmates in each grade level from K-12. In 1992, Amit left for Bombay, receiving his bachelor’s in Electronics Engineering from VJTI, University of Mumbai.
After completing his bachelor’s degree, Amit joined Citibank as a programmer and began working as a consultant for Fortune 50 investment Banks. In the course of his work, he traveled to various countries including Singapore and New York. In the late 90s Amit started his first company – building a CRM database for retail brands – which shut down when the dot-com bubble burst.
In 2006, Amit went back to school to receive his MBA from the Duke, Fuqua school of Business. Amit went on to focus on supply chain, leading e-commerce divisions at Williams-Sonoma, Walmart and Apple.
Amit founded Narvar in 2013 when he recognized an un-met need in the form of a “customer experience gap”, when consumers felt less abandoned after they had made an online purchase. Amit had a vision for keeping these consumers engaged in the time period between when a purchase was made and before it was delivered. Narvar addressed the newly-created post-purchase e-commerce category via a customer-centric experience enabled by digital technologies such as chatbots and AI
He later coined the term Actual moment of truth, to describe the customer experience gap that Narvar was addressing.
In 2016, Amit engaged ideo to help codify Narvar's values as the company grew. In 2017, Narvar grew from 50 to 160 employees, and in 2018 Narvar grew to 270 employees. To fund this expansion, Narvar raised $30 million in 2018 in its Series C Round from Accel, Battery Ventures, Salesforce and Scale Venture Partners. In 2017, Narvar acquired GoPigeon, an end-to-end logistics management company. In 2019, Narvar acquired Kronos Care, a Paris-based e-commerce startup.
In 2017, Amit launched a leadership program for middle school girls. Select girls were invited to Narvar for summer internships and to the annual Narvar summit, giving them the experience of a tech startup first-hand. This program was meant to inspire girls at a young age to develop an interest in tech/entrepreneurship.
- Weiner, Yitzi (2018-02-13). ""Your family sacrifices a lot." with Amit Sharma, Founder and CEO of Narvar". Medium. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "Narvar Inc.: Maniacal Builders of Cloud based Supply Chain Platform". supply-chain.cioreview.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- Hyken, Shep. "The New Moment Of Truth In Business". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "How Retail Can Thrive in a World Without Stores". Harvard Business Review. 2017-07-21. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "Online Retailers Should Care More About the Post-Purchase Experience". Harvard Business Review. 2016-05-24. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "Amit Sharma, Founder and ceo, Narvar". Tech 2018. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- "Live chat and chatbots overtaking email for retail communication - Digital Intelligence daily digital marketing research". www.digitalstrategyconsulting.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- Sharma, Amit (2016-11-18). "How Predictive AI Will Change Shopping". Harvard Business Review. ISSN 0017-8012. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- Hyken, Shep. "The New Moment Of Truth In Business". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-05-21.
- "Defining Values to Set the Stage for Future Growth". www.ideo.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- Sharma, Amit (2018-04-03). "Every Hire Has Been a Good One Since This CEO Started Hiring for Values". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- "Salesfore Invests in Narvar Loyalty Management Tech".
- "Narvar acquires GoPigeon - 2017-08-29". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- "Narvar Acquires Kronos Care and Accelerates Expansion in Europe". www.nbc-2.com. Retrieved 2019-02-26.
- Cremades, Alejandro. "He Discovered Retail's Biggest Weakness During His Time at Apple And Then Raised $64 Million To Address It". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-08-27.
- "Amit Sharma - Founder and CEO @ Narvar". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2019-05-14.
This article "Amit S Sharma" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Amit S Sharma. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.