Amr Awadallah during Cloudera Cares, DataKind Meetup on 7 May 2015
|Born||1 October 1970|
|🏡 Residence||Palo Alto, California, U.S.|
|🏳️ Nationality||Egyptian, American|
|🎓 Alma mater||Cairo University (B.S) |
Cairo University (M.S)
Stanford University (Ph.D.)
|Title||CTO of Cloudera Inc.|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)||Awadallah Sr.|
|🌐 Website||Amr A. Awadallah|
Amr Awadallah (born October 1, 1970) is an Egyptian-born American computer scientist, Silicon Valley entrepreneur known for co-founding Cloudera Inc., and a pioneer in the use of Apache Hadoop for data analysis. Amr is currently the CTO at Cloudera Inc. 
He received his BS and MS degrees in Electrical Engineering from Cairo University, Egypt, in 1992 and 1995 respectively. He received his PhD in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in 2007.
Amr Awadallah is a co-founder at Cloudera Inc serving as its Chief Technology Officer.
Amr joined as Vice President of Product Intelligence Engineering at Yahoo! after they acquired his first startup, VivaSmart, in July, 2000. While he was at Yahoo! he ran one of the very first projects to use Hadoop for data analysis and business intelligence.
- "Amr Awadallah - Founder & CTO @ Cloudera - CrunchBase". CrunchBase. Retrieved December 6, 2016.
- Anderson, Stuart. "Did A Ride From The Airport Lead To An Immigrant's $4 Billion Company?". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-07-17.
- www.bizjournals.com https://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2017/11/30/why-cloudera-co-founder-is-considered-cto-of-an.html. Retrieved 2019-07-17. Missing or empty
- "Amr Awadallah - LinkedIn". LinkedIn. Retrieved December 6, 2016.
- "Cloudera management team". Cloudera. Retrieved December 6, 2016.
- "This Former Yahoo-er's Startup Is So Hot, Even the CIA Invested In It". Business Insider. Retrieved December 6, 2016.
- "Bloomberg - Amr Awadallah profile". Bloomberg. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
This article "Amr Awadallah" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Amr Awadallah. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.