The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. (December 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New York City, United States
|🏡 Residence||San Francisco, CA|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Connecticut and Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania|
CEO and Co-Founder of Madison Reed
|👶 Children||Madison Reed|
|🌐 Website||Madison Reed|
Amy Errett is an American entrepreneur, venture capitalist. and a former Manhattan investment banker. In 2014, Amy co-founded Madison Reed, a San Francisco-based at-home hair color company with co-founder Sabrina Riddle. 
Early life and education
Amy is a New York native who attended the University of Connecticut where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts (Class of 1979). In 2014, Amy was inducted in UConn School of Business' Hall of Fame Amy continued her education at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania where she received a Masters of Business Administration, Finance.
After having academic success in high school and college, Amy planned to attend medical school but ended up not being able to get into one. This led Amy to move to Manhattan where she started an entry-level job as a credit analyst. At the age of 25, she was given her first management role in a bond-processing department. It is here where Amy began to learn about leadership failures and successes, which would shape her own philosophy as a leader going forward.
Amy's time at E*Trade (2000 to 2002) was spent as their Chief Asset Gathering Officer where she ran a $200 million business the encompassed the management of growth. While there, she was responsible for turning the online brokerage into a one-stop financial services company. From 2002 to 2007, Amy was the CEO of Olivia where she repositioned the travel business as a complete lifestyle brand increasing revenue from $5M to $25M in 2007. During her tenure at Olivia, Amy was named the 2006 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Northern California. Prior to joining Olivia, Amy founded and served as Chair and Chief Executive Officer of The Spectrem Group, a global strategic consulting, information and M&A firm. They were acquired by an IPG subsidiary, NFO Worldwide.[better source needed]
In 2008, Amy joined Maveron, a venture capital firm focused on investing in consumer-facing businesses, as a General Partner in their Bay Area office. While there, Amy lead Maveron's seed investment in General Assembly. In February 2014, Amy launched Madison Reed with co-founder Sabrina Riddle with the aim of revolutionizing  the at-home hair color experience. Named after her daughter, Madison Reed,[better source needed] the product was designed to be an affordable salon-quality product with better ingredients.
After moving to San Francisco, Amy met Clare Albanese whom she wed on July 19, 2014 before friends and family in Napa Valley along with their daughter, Madison Reed.
Advisory Boards and Affiliations
|2013 to Present||Board Member||Vacatica|
|1998 to Present||Chairperson of the Board||Glide Foundation|
|2012 to 2013||Board Member||Lemon, Inc.|
|2011 to 2013||Board Member||General Assembly|
|2007 to 2013||Board Member||Livemocha|
|2007 to 2008||Entrepreneur In Residence||Trinity Ventures|
- "From CEO to VC: My Trip to the Not-So-Dark Side". Wharton Magazine. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "A New Wave of Consumer Finance Companies". Wharton Magazine. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- "UConn Business" (PDF). University of Connecticut School of Business. Summer 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Amy J. Errett: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-04-08.
- Bryant, Adam (2013-11-14). "Amy Errett of Madison Reed, on Finding Your Genius". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "The one quality all successful leaders need". Fortune. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "What it takes to thrive in Silicon Valley's startup world". Fortune. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "E*TRADE plans bundled offering for DC market". Pensions & Investments. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "www.corsad.net". www.corsad.net. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Consultant Welcomes Industry Challenges". Money Management Executive. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Amy Errett - CEO and Founder". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Amy Errett: Sticking It To The Hair Care Industry With Madison Reed". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Consumer-focused Maveron formalizes its Seed program, will make one investment per month". Pando. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- “Hair Color Startup Madison Reed Raises $12M for ‘Tech-Enabled Beauty’”, ‘The Wall Street Journal’, Web 28 January 2014. Retrieved on 8 April 2016.
- “The Madison Reed Story”, ‘YouTube’, San Francisco, CA 2 November 2013. Retrieved on 8 April 2016.
- "The New Way to Color Your Hair at Home". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- "Faith brought Amy Errett, Clare Albanese to Glide and each other". SFGate. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
This article "Amy Errett" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.