|🏡 Residence||Delhi, India|
|🎓 Alma mater||PSG College of Technology |
Current Director, Facebook Former CPO, Snapdeal
Anand Chandrasekaran is an Indian-born business executive who used to work for Facebook Inc. on developing partnerships and global strategies for Facebook Messenger. Previously, he was the Chief Product Officer of Snapdeal, an Indian internet company, as well as Chief Product Officer of mobile phone operator Bharti Airtel.
Chandrasekaran holds an undergraduate degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering from PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore and an M.S. in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University.
After graduating from Stanford University in 2001, he co-founded Aeroprise, one of the early innovators in personalized mobile applications software. Aeroprise was acquired by BMC Software in 2011.
In 2011, he joined Yahoo and was a well-regarded product leader. During his stint there, he worked on the partnership with Yelp and its integration into Yahoo Search. This partnership was similar to content deals announced by Apple and Microsoft.
In 2010, Anand was named by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader. In 2014, he was hired by CEO Gopal Vittal to join Bharti Airtel in the newly created position of Chief Product Officer, in charge of conceptualizing and delivering new products   In 2014, he helped launch Wynk Music, and led the partnership with Google as the exclusive network partner in India for Android One. Anand subsequently moved to e-commerce firm Snapdeal in 2015 in a similar role..
- Newley Purnell (September 19, 2016). "Facebook Inc. Hires Anand Chandrasekaran". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 19 September 2016.
- Biswarup Gooptu (Jun 12, 2015). "Bharti Anand Chandrasekaran Joins Snapdeal as new Chief Product Officer". The Economic Times. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Anindita Singh Mankotia (Apr 8, 2014). "Bharti Airtel hires Yahoo's Anand Chandrasekaran as Chief Product Officer". The Economic Times. Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- Kara Swisher (Apr 7, 2014). "Former Yahoo Exec Chandrasekaran to join India's Bharti Airtel". California: Re/Code. Retrieved 7 April 2014.
- DLD. "DLD Conference Speaker". Retrieved January 2016. Check date values in:
- Vance McCarthy. "Aeroprise eases Wireless AppDev for Developers". Retrieved 30 September 2004.
- "BMC Software Acquires Aeroprise". BMC Software. Jul 7, 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-07-10. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Kara Swisher (March 27, 2014). "The guy who just got Yelp on Yahoo is leaving Yahoo". California: CNBC. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- AFP. "Yahoo partners with Yelp to win users away from Google". Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Kevin Shalvey (March 12, 2014). "Yahoo Partners with Yelp to Add local search content". California: Investor's Business Daily. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- Rediff.com. "12 Indians and 4 NRIs among Young Global Leaders". Retrieved 3 March 2010.
- Sainul K Abudheen. "Ex Yahoo exec Anand Chandrasekaran joins Bharti Airtel as products Chief". Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Press Trust of India. "Bharti appoints Anand Chandrasekaran as Chief Product Officer". Retrieved 13 April 2014.
- Vikas SN. "Anand Chandrasekaran quits Airtel". Retrieved 26 May 2015.
- Richard Nieva. "Android One: Google's push to rule the smartphone world". Retrieved 15 September 2014.
- ET Bureau. "Former Airtel CPO Anand Chandrasekaran joins Snapdeal". Retrieved 10 June 2015.
- Tapestries of Hope. "About the Movie". Retrieved June 2011. Check date values in:
- "Anand chandrasekaran joins bharti airtel as chief product officer". India: Light Reading. Apr 14, 2014. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
This article "Anand Chandrasekaran" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Anand Chandrasekaran. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.