Andy B. Hodge
|Andy B. Hodge|
|Born||October 3, 1962|
|🏡 Residence||Palo Alto, California, US|
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
💵 Salary :
|Title||CEO of Owl Cameras, Inc.|
Andrew Bert "Andy" Hodge (born October 3, 1962) is an American engineer, product developer, and designer. He is the founder and CEO of Owl Cameras, Inc., a car security camera company in Palo Alto, California.  He was the Senior Director of iPod product development at Apple Inc. from 2000-2010. At Apple he also managed core technologies for the first generation iPhone, including capacitative touch.
Hodge described the experience of working with Steve Jobs at Apple as like being “a kid in a candy shop, but you had to work very hard in that candy shop.”
Following Apple, Hodge served as General Manager of the Microsoft HoloLens project from 2011-2013, and was Vice President of Engineering and Strategy at Dropcam in 2014 just before its acquisition by Nest Labs.
Before Apple, he led project teams at IDEO, in Chicago and Palo Alto from 1991-1999.
Hodge has BS in interdisciplinary engineering from Purdue and an MFA in industrial design from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
As of 2014 he held over 50 patents, for technologies ranging from media playback and customized gift cards to heart rate monitors and portable electronic devices that are integrated within a bicycle.
In December of 2016, Hodge and Nathan Ackerman, a former Microsoft Hololens development lead, co-founded Owl Cameras, Inc. in Hodge’s Palo Alto garage. According to an interview in Fast Company, the idea to work in the car security space sprung from initial conversations about potential ideas to improve the home security space. 
In February 2018, the company came out of stealth mode, launching its first product--the Owl Car Cam -- an LTE-connected security camera for the car.
To date, the company has raised $28M in funding. Backers include defy.vc, Khosla Ventures, Menlo Ventures, Sherpa Capital, Moment Ventures, Maniv Mobility, CSAA Insurance Group, and Canvas Ventures.
- "Owl Comes Out Of Stealth With a Dropcam For Your Car, Inside And Out". 1 February 2018.
- "Former iPod product leader Andy Hodge hired by Dropcam". AppleInsider.
- Owl executive bios Owl
- "Dropcam Hires Longtime Apple Product Leader Andy Hodge".
- "This Is What Happens When Former Apple and Dropcam Engineers Turn Their Attention to the Car".
- Winkle, Kate (11 July 2018). "Video shows man breaking into Porsche to steal radar detector".
- Leclerc, Cherise (29 June 2018). "Car owner talks about break-in captured on dashcam".
- "Owl Cameras nabs $10 million for connected dashcam that captures everything 24/7". 14 August 2018.
This article "Andy B. Hodge" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Andy B. Hodge. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.