|Industry||Biotech, Life sciences|
Area served 🗺️
|Tim Hiddemann, Andreas Kessell (Founders).|
|Products 📟||Research antibodies, proteins, kits and assays for biological research|
Number of employees
antibodies-online is an online marketplace for life-science products with a broad offer of antibodies, proteins, ELISA kits and other research reagents from 190 different suppliers. antibodies-online’s customers include university and research institutions, commercial laboratories, as well as biotechnology companies around the world. The company is based in Aachen, Germany. 
The company was founded in 2006 as a spin-off from RWTH Aachen University. Nephrologist Dr. Peter Mertens searched a way to distribute antibodies he developed. Together with the four other founder members Tim Hiddemann, Andreas Kessell, Malte Brettel and Florian Heinemann they realized the idea of an e-commerce platform for antibodies with the idea to simplify the search and order process for scientists to buy antibodies across the web.
Driven by positive reception of the german precursor platform antikoerper-online.de, the company expanded their business model. The international domain antibodies-online went online, together with new suppliers and products segments. Antibody related products such as immunoassays (e.g. Sandwich ELISA kits), peptides and proteins and isotype controls, cell lysates as well as DNA purification kits were added to the portfolio. In 2013 the company is mentioned as 6th most growing global antibody supplier based on product citations in research papers.
In early 2012, antibodies-online announced the setup of office branches in Atlanta and Shanghai to cover the increase in global demand.
In 2013 pubgrade was founded as an affiliated company of antibodies-online GmbH. They offer digital advertising and business intelligence for marketers. The company is specialized on online marketing of scientific information and products in the field of life sciences based on semantic text analyses.
The second online marketplace by antibodies-online GmbH was launched in June 2016. Under the name genomics-online scientist find over a million products for laboratory usage with a focus on genomics and transcriptomics tools. The website offers DNA and RNA isolation and extraction kits, primers and probes for DNA amplification and sequencing among other things. The major focus lays on ready-to-use cloning and expression vectors with cDNA, ORF, shRNA or CRISPR/Cas9 inserts. In order to accelerate the expansion into the genomics market, antibodies-online completed a growth capital financing from U.S.-based BroadOak Capital Partners, a life sciences focused merchant bank, in october 2016.
Independent Validation Initiative
In order to approach the issue of reproducibility in academic research, antibodies-online partnered with the biotech platform Science Exchange. Together they launched a program to validate research antibodies. The Independent Validation Initiative aims to improve the data quality of antibodies and ELISA kits and therefore product quality. 
- Axel Borrenkott (2012-08-11). "Aachener Unternehmen findet und versendet Antikörper". Aachener-zeitung. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Gruenderzentrum - antibodies-online". Gruenderzentrum. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- Christine Scharrenbroch (2014-03-31). "Aus dem Blut der Mäuse auf den Operationstisch" (PDF). F.A.Z. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- "PSL Research Antibody Market Report" (PDF). pivotalscientificltd. Retrieved 2018-06-20..
- "PubGrade GmbH, Aachen". Northdata. 2013-03-14. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Genomics online – The new platform for life-science tools". Labfolder. 2016-11-26. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Antibodies-online GmbH Raises Growth Capital". broad oak. 2016-10-21. Retrieved 2018-06-21..
- Nicola Kuhrt (2014-03-23). "Qualitätsicherung bei Studien Rettet die Wissenschaft!". Spiegel. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Independent Validation Initiative". www.antibodies-online.com. 2017-08-24. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- www.antibodies-online.com Official website
- Facebook antibodies-online
- LinkedIn antibodies-online
- www.pubgrade.com Digital Marketing and Life Sciences
- www.genomics-online Online marketplace for genomic research
This article "Antibodies-online" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Antibodies-online. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.