|Directed by||R. Raghuraj|
|Produced by||V. L. Dhandapani|
|Written by||R. Raghuraj|
|Music by||Joshua Sridhar|
|Edited by||V. T. Vijayan|
Devi visions Pvt ltd.
Search Appavi on Amazon.
- REDIRECT Template:Translation sidebar) is a 2011 Indian Tamil language patriotic film written and directed by R. Raghuraj and produced by V. L. Dhandapani. The film stars includes debutant Gautham and Suhani Kalita in the lead roles, while K. Bhagyaraj, Soori, Sriranjini, Mahadevan, and Manobala play supporting roles. The music was composed by Joshua Sridhar with cinematography by E. Krishnasamy and editing by V. T. Vijayan. The film released on 1 April 2011.
Bharathi (Gautham) is a refined college goer and a gem among his peers, while in secret he is a daring vigilante who executes corrupt politicians, bureaucrats, terrorists and anyone who harms the general public. Bharathi marks his crimes by recording his victim's confessions of wrongdoings in their mobile phones and circulating these as MMSs before executing them. A wannabe MLA with hidden wealth, a corrupt minister, and a terrorist are executed on camera, and their videos are circulated among the general public. The police are baffled, and corrupt politicians and bureaucrats fear for their lives. The common man celebrates the MMS killer, whose actions are an antidote for their resentment towards inefficient and corrupt government functionaries.
In his normal life, Bharathi tops in his academics and discipline, which makes him the heartthrob of his college mates. One of them, (Suhani Kalita), the daughter of a powerful politician named Susa (Mahadevan), falls for him and tries to woo him, but in vain. Ramya's father Susa is so powerful that he moves ministers and bureaucrats like chess pieces, becoming the MMS killer's ultimate target. Bharathi's mother Manimeghalai (Sriranjini) is a headstrong IAS officer, who enforces her duty without bowing to political pressures. While Bharathi wages his secret war against corruption and nepotism, his mother wages the same battle, armed with the bureaucracy.
As Bharathi's MMS murders increase, the fearful politicians and bureaucrats hand the case over to a sincere officer. They appoint Manimeghalai as they believe that her persistence will bring the MMS killer to conviction. Now begins a triangular game of action, with Bharathi hunting down corrupt politicians while they target Sriranjini for her honesty, and she tries to capture the MMS killer (Bharathi).
- Gautham as Bharathi
- Suhani Kalita as Ramya
- Soori as Bharathi's friend
- K. Bhagyaraj as Ramasamy (Bharathi's father)
- Sriranjini as Manimeghalai (Bharathi's mother)
- Mahadevan as Susa (Ramya’s father)
- Manobala as College Professor
R. Raghuraj wrote the story and screenplay of Appavi and also decided to direct it with the intention of making the youth of the country realize the importance of being patriotic. "I call Appavi a patriotic film. So many films are made showing the problems India faces. Why is it that they have not suggested any solutions? My film talks about the problems and their solutions so that India can be a superpower in the world," said Raghuraj. The movie has a record for creating the longest Indian flag stretching to 1115 feet, and 500 college students held in one of its songs. The fiery patriotic song was written by Vairamuthu and composed by Joshua Sridhar.
The film eventually had a delayed release in 2011 due to its political opposition for the strong content.
- "Appavi Cast & Crew, Appavi Tamil Movie Cast, Actor, Actress, Director - Filmibeat". FilmiBeat.
- "Appavi (2011) Cast and Crew". gomolo.com.
- "Appavi – Tamil Movie Reviews, Cast & Crew, Story, Trailers, Wallpapers". www.sulekha.co.uk.[permanent dead link]
- "Appavi". Spicyonion.com.
- "R.Raghuraj". spicyonion.com.
- "First Look: Longest Indian flag for a Tamil film".
- "Appavi Sets".
- "Appavi review. Appavi தமிழ் movie review, story, rating - IndiaGlitz.com".
This article "Appavi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Appavi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.