Aryabhatta Knowledge University
|File:AKU Bihar logo.png|
|Chancellor||Governor of Bihar|
|Vice-Chancellor||Arun Kumar Agrawal|
The university was established in 2010 by the Government of Bihar through the Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act, 2008. Apart from a few notable exceptions, AKU has authority over technical education all over the state of Bihar, and it functions as the state technological university of Bihar. AKU recognised and approved by AICTE. It is a statutory requirement for colleges offering any program in engineering, medical or technology in the state to be affiliated with the university. It was established for the development and management of educational infrastructure related to technical education, medical, management and allied professional education in the state.
Campus[edit | edit source]
The university operates from offices at the Chanakya National Law University campus in Mithapur, Patna. In 2013 the Bihar Government assigned ₹95 crore (equivalent to ₹Formatting error: invalid input when rounding or US$Formatting error: invalid input when rounding in 2018) for the construction of a new campus. However, construction has been delayed and as of 2015[update], only the boundary walls of this planned 7.6 acres (0.031 km2) campus were constructed. Now new building of university has prepared and campus built next to CNLU in Mithapur, near Bus stand Patna.
Affiliated colleges[edit | edit source]
AKU has 95 affiliated colleges. These include 27 engineering colleges, 10 medical colleges, 28 educational colleges, 14 community college, 8 nursing/other colleges and 8 vocational colleges.
Notable colleges include:
- Engineering colleges
- Bhagalpur College of Engineering
- Bakhtiyarpur College of Engineering
- Buddha Institute of Technology Gaya
- Darbhanga College of Engineering
- Gaya College of Engineering
- Government Engineering College, Banka
- Government Engineering College, Jamui
- Government Engineering College, Vaishali
- Katihar Engineering College
- Loknayak Jai Prakash Institute Of Technology, Chhapra
- Motihari College of Engineering
- Moti Babu Institute of Technology
- Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology
- Nalanda College of Engineering
- Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, Bihta
- Patna Sahib College of Engineering & Technology, Vaishali
- Purnea College of Engineering
- Saharsa College of Engineering, Saharsa
- Shershah College of Engineering
- Sitamarhi Institute Of Technology
- Supaul College of Engineering
- Vidya Vihar Institute of Technology
- Vidyadaan Institute of Technology and Management
- Medical colleges
- Anugrah Narayan Magadh Medical College and Hospital
- Darbhanga Medical College and Hospital
- Government Medical College, Bettiah
- Katihar Medical College and Hospital
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College and Hospital
- Mata Gujri Memorial Medical College, Kishanganj
- Nalanda Medical College and Hospital
- Patna Medical College and Hospital
- Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital
- Vardhman Institute of Medical Sciences
- Vocational colleges
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic India : Rising Northeast, Faculty of Performing Arts, Banaras Hindu University, Abdullah Azam Khan, R. Vasudevan (entrepreneur), Swarna Bharat Party, Samrat Raichand, List of Naxalite and Maoist groups in India
Others articles of the Topic Education : Govt. Degree College, Khumulwng, Tip of the day, Robert L. Frye, Jake W. Cameron, Learning by teaching, BookFi, Testbook
- List of institutions of higher education in Bihar
- List of educational institutions in Patna
- Education in Bihar
- Education in India
References[edit | edit source]
- Vice Chancellor's Message
- "List of State Universities as on 29.06.2017" (PDF). University Grants Commission. 29 June 2017. Retrieved 1 July 2017.
- "Tech cradles fail to shift to permanent campus". The Times of India. Times News Network. January 3, 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "The Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act, 2008" (PDF). Government of Bihar. 2008. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Aryabhatta Knowledge University gets 95 Crores for New Campus". The Biharprabha News. September 25, 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "Tech cradles fail to shift to permanent campus". The Times of India. Times New Network. January 3, 2015. Retrieved 3 August 2017.
- "List of Engineering Colleges under AKU". www.akubihar.ac.in. Aryabhatta Knowledge University. Retrieved 3 August 2017. Other lists are reached by clicking on links on the side bar.
[edit | edit source]
- Official Website of Aryabhatta Knowledge University - Examination Management System (EMS)
- Official Website of Chanakya National Law University
This article "Aryabhatta Knowledge University" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.