Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Born||1984/1985 (age 34–35)|
|Baptised||1984/1985 (age 34–35)|
|Residence||Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey|
Ashley R. Bennett (born 1984/85) is an American Democratic Party politician from New Jersey, who was elected to a seat on the Atlantic County Board of Freeholders in 2017, defeating Republican incumbent John Carman, who had first been elected to office in 2014.
Although Bennett had never been involved with politics, she ran for the position after seeing remarks on Facebook by Carman about women participating in the 2017 Women's March. In 2018, she appeared on the cover of Time magazine for the article "The Avengers: First they Marched, now they’re Running." She spoke at the 2018 Women's March in New York City, which attracted more than 200,000 protestors.
- Schmidt, Samantha (2017-11-09). "A politician cracked that women belong in the kitchen. A 'furious' woman just took his job". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "GOP candidate who mocked the Women's March was defeated by a woman who ran because of his comments". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- Writer, JOHN DeROSIER Staff. "Atlantic County Freeholder Ashley Bennett appears on cover of TIME Magazine". Press of Atlantic City. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- Times, The New York (2018). "Women's March 2018: Thousands of Protesters Take to the Streets". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Women's March returns to the streets with aim to become political force". Retrieved 2018-01-21.
- "Ashley Bennett's Rousing Speech at the NYC Women's March". NBC New York. Retrieved 2018-01-21.
|This article about a New Jersey politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Ashley Bennett" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ashley Bennett. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.